Granite Typhon 6s shock on Granite 3s BLX 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Laffey

Reaction score
Can someone post a picture of what you use to take up the extra space in the upper mounting hole of the front shocks so it will fit properly on the Granite? I just bought a set of the shocks on Jenny's RC and want to see what I need to install them. Thanks.

Jim Laffey - Side shot with my 6s #Typhon BLX SHOCK upgrade!
Arrma HopUps.jpeg

Back shot of my #Granite BLX 3s 4X4 Truck
back shot.jpeg

Side view:

Last edited:
Jim Laffey - Side shot with my 6s #Typhon BLX SHOCK upgrade!
View attachment 45221

Back shot of my #Granite BLX 3s 4X4 Truck
View attachment 45222
Man you have to stop posting pics of that Granite. I love the way it looks with them tires and shocks.

Out of all my Arrmas, I like the looks of the Granite the best (Orange body). I bought the Granite for its looks but ended up being a rocket and tough as nails to boot.

With so many 4 wheel children to shoe, I guess it's just a matter of time.

Oh, did I mention just how much I love the Granite blx!!

[B]arrmadillo[/B],
Many thank and its much appreciated! As soon as I order my top, its will be the #Arrma Body Painted Decal Trim Red which will look awesome with those new #Typhon 6s BLX shocks and those insane looking #Bandito street tires!

[B]arrmadillo[/B],
Many thank and its much appreciated! As soon as I order my top, its will be the #Arrma Body Painted Decal Trim Red which will look awesome with those new #Typhon 6s BLX shocks and those insane looking #Bandito street tires!

View attachment 45313
You're lucky Arrma put out a variant of the Granite body. I love my Big Rock CC, but I'm so tired of the baby blue.

You're lucky Arrma put out a variant of the Granite body. I love my Big Rock CC, but I'm so tired of the baby blue.
@Wheels007 - I feel ya, cant decide if i WANT the all red and black one or the Green and Black cover below which would look is pretty wicked especially with my #Typhon 6s BLX RED upgraded shocks on my #Granite!

I popped out the plastic ball from the stock shock and used them in the 6s shock. Others have use tubing as a spacer...

I found the stock shock ball to be too small in my v3 Typhon 6s shocks with plastic caps and ended up using aquarium air tubing over the stock ball, inside the 6s shock eye. A little bit of lube and a standard shock tool made install super easy.

@Wheels007 - I feel ya, cant decide if i WANT the all red and black one or the Green and Black cover below which would look is pretty wicked especially with my #Typhon 6s BLX RED upgraded shocks on my #Granite!

View attachment 45332
That is a nice looking body. I don’t think I’ve seen that exact one before. ??

Can you pop the body off and post a pic of the front upper shock mount and what you used to fill up the space?
@Jim Laffey - Here are a few shots of my upgraded #Typhon BLX 6s shocks on my #Granite 3s BLX 4x4 Truck.
Its kind of hard to see but I had to make some slight mods to get them to fit. I had a few extra spacers I had laying around the house, or house tubing could work I guess but I just used some small washers so it was a direct fit. I can tell you one thing, what a HUGE differences between stock plastic #Arrma shocks vs the #Typhon BLX 6s shocks!!! I have heard of people going with the Big Bore Aluminum shocks but I could not get them to fit my truck for the life of me, so returned them back the ebay seller. Also, it's really early here, its like 6am so it hard for me to take some good quality pictures but in the mean time, see attachments.

Attachments

• Typhon 6s BLX Shocks.jpeg
    Typhon 6s BLX Shocks.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 244
  • Typhon 6s BLX shocks2.jpeg
    Typhon 6s BLX shocks2.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 248
  • Typhon 6s BLX shocks3.jpeg
    Typhon 6s BLX shocks3.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 260
Last edited:
I found the stock shock ball to be too small in my v3 Typhon 6s shocks with plastic caps and ended up using aquarium air tubing over the stock ball, inside the 6s shock eye. A little bit of lube and a standard shock tool made install super easy.
I just ordered the v3 typhon shocks for my granite. Someone told me they were a direct fit no mod needed. You had to mod yours to fit. So what’s the final answer? Do you have to mod the v3 to fit the granite or not? If so what do you need? I’m a traxxas fan boy so putting fish tubing on a plastic ball to make it fit doesn’t make sense to me. Thanks

I just ordered the v3 typhon shocks for my granite. Someone told me they were a direct fit no mod needed. You had to mod yours to fit. So what’s the final answer? Do you have to mod the v3 to fit the granite or not? If so what do you need? I’m a traxxas fan boy so putting fish tubing on a plastic ball to make it fit doesn’t make sense to me. Thanks

There is inherently a range of what people will find to be acceptable fitment. I actually ran my Typhon 6s shocks with ZERO modification, just bolted on to my truck for about a dozen packs. The initial fit was looser than I wanted but I was ok with leaving it for a bit until I wanted to sit down and square it away. It ran fine and I saw no ill effect. Would I keep it that way permanently, no. So you can bolt them straight up and they will be loose, but work, or you can find a way to get the fit closer to perfect. My method used what I had on hand. Your final answer may be different.

@arrmadave - Yes! Its no big deal but I had to add a few small extra washers on the fronts but the rear shocks are a direct fit, no questions asked! Here is a better picture for you to see how I installed mine! See what I mean with some minor added extra washers? Hopefully that will answer your question mate! All the best.

Left front side:

Right Front:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back