Granite Typhon 6s shock on Granite 3s BLX 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@arrmadave - Yes! Its no big deal but I had to add a few small extra washers on the fronts but the rear shocks are a direct fit, no questions asked! Here is a better picture for you to see how I installed mine! See what I mean with some minor added extra washers? Hopefully that will answer your question mate! All the best.

Left front side:
View attachment 45454

Right Front:
View attachment 45455

Didn't you have slop to take up at the tops?

This is awesome! All four of my shocks on my granite are leaking. I wonder if I should just install the Typhon 6s shocks and be done with it. Would the standard tires play nice with the 6s Typhon shocks? Oh yeah? What version of the Typhon? V3 v4 shocks? Thanks!

I used v1 shocks, but any version should work.
Yup but it will be very hard to find v3 shocks let alone v2 or v1 lol. I'm sure you could piece them together with parts but you would end spending a lot more than just going to jennys and buying a set from them.

V1 shocks are probably the best because I believe the spring rate is less than the V3/V4. The V3/V4 work but I do think they are a hair on the stiff side (that's what she said.)

Yup but it will be very hard to find v3 shocks let alone v2 or v1 lol. I'm sure you could piece them together with parts but you would end spending a lot more than just going to jennys and buying a set from them.
Link to jennys please? Thanks!

V1 shocks are probably the best because I believe the spring rate is less than the V3/V4. The V3/V4 work but I do think they are a hair on the stiff side (that's what she said.)
I think they might be a hair shorter as well, I would have to double check that.

Hey guys, i still figure out what wt shock oil is best for granite if you use typhon 6s shocks? What wt oil do you use?
For general bashing I would use 80W (1000cst)

Thank you @jondilly1974 @Concordeacr

I was asking RC DUDE 81
And i am surprised with his answer...

Screenshot_20191113-210824_YouTube.jpg

20191113_211106.jpg

and you both say you running higher wt shock oil and its working good? ?

Thank you @jondilly1974 @Concordeacr

I was asking RC DUDE 81
And i am surprised with his answer...

View attachment 53673

View attachment 53675

and you both say you running higher wt shock oil and its working good? ?
I do have a heavier rig than a stock Granite, so maybe I should have factored that in my answer. When I had 35W in my Kraton 4S with Typhon 6S shocks, it slapped the chassis from a 1ft drop. That seemed to me to be way too soft. I now have mine setup with 80W and it is much better IMO. It still slaps, but it takes a much higher drop to induce a chassis slap. Best guess is about a 4ft drop now.

Factor in a stock Granite will probably weigh a pound less than a Kraton and you might want something between 40W and 80W. But it all depends on how hard you bash. While I don't send quite as big as Eric, I do send on cement at the skate park, which I feel is harsher on the chassis than landing in dirt and grass.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back