Granite Typhon 6s shock on Granite 3s BLX 4x4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do have a heavier rig than a stock Granite, so maybe I should have factored that in my answer. When I had 35W in my Kraton 4S with Typhon 6S shocks, it slapped the chassis from a 1ft drop. That seemed to me to be way too soft. I now have mine setup with 80W and it is much better IMO. It still slaps, but it takes a much higher drop to induce a chassis slap. Best guess is about a 4ft drop now.

Factor in a stock Granite will probably weigh a pound less than a Kraton and you might want something between 40W and 80W. But it all depends on how hard you bash. While I don't send quite as big as Eric, I do send on cement at the skate park, which I feel is harsher on the chassis than landing in dirt and grass.

that's exactly what I wanted to hear and
that makes sense ? i have rpm typhone 3s arms, hr adapters... and probably, it makes the 30wt oil too soft ... when i push the front shocks down they don't even go back up ? and when i drop the car from less than half a meter ... the car hits with chassis on the ground...i will definitely try with harder oil ?

that's exactly what I wanted to hear and
that makes sense ? i have rpm typhone 3s arms, hr adapters... and probably, it makes the 30wt oil too soft ... when i push the front shocks down they don't even go back up ? and when i drop the car from less than half a meter ... the car hits with chassis on the ground...i will definitely try with harder oil ?
That’s exactly what I was dealing with.

Jennyrc has the tears in stock so I bought them, reading this thread I see they are v3. The ones the site had on sale are the v4. I am hoping they will also fit with slight mods. I have seen and read how tough they are to find so I just keep checking and will buy fronts when in stock. I haven’t actually opened up my 4x4granite yet. Christmas present to myself?. But wanted to have shocks in stock for an in stock upgrade
Jennyrc has the tears in stock so I bought them, reading this thread I see they are v3. The ones the site had on sale are the v4. I am hoping they will also fit with slight mods. I have seen and read how tough they are to find so I just keep checking and will buy fronts when in stock. I haven’t actually opened up my 4x4granite yet. Christmas present to myself?. But wanted to have shocks in stock for an in stock upgrade
Rears oops

Rears oops
I bought a pair of the #Typhon shocks for my #Granite and took them off in about 2 weeks since your stock shocks work just as good if not better in my opinion.

Just hooked up the shocks today. Used some stock composite suspension balls and aquarium tubing. Only thing I have noticed and did not check before install is the front end seems to be like 1/4” higher than the rear. Wasn’t sure if that seemed normal or do I need to loosen up the tie rods in rear so arms can go lower

Attachments

• 313569B2-3315-4F4E-ADA3-7759DE0EBE0C.jpeg
    313569B2-3315-4F4E-ADA3-7759DE0EBE0C.jpeg
    253.6 KB · Views: 68
  • D598BA66-9355-4C0D-A7FF-AE7B66CF2832.jpeg
    D598BA66-9355-4C0D-A7FF-AE7B66CF2832.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 72
  • C9F51E33-D715-444E-8C15-5F027FD4BA48.jpeg
    C9F51E33-D715-444E-8C15-5F027FD4BA48.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 66
Just hooked up the shocks today. Used some stock composite suspension balls and aquarium tubing. Only thing I have noticed and did not check before install is the front end seems to be like 1/4” higher than the rear. Wasn’t sure if that seemed normal or do I need to loosen up the tie rods in rear so arms can go lower
Loosen the preload on the shocks until the truck droops a little. You don’t want the arms pushing the truck all the way up.

Loosen the preload on the shocks until the truck droops a little. You don’t want the arms pushing the truck all the way up.
Got it? Loosened them up. I will take out for test run today and test out the fluid that came in them from jennysrc. Not sure what weights

I noticed while I was adjusting the stock fluid in these shocks that my fronts were rubbing a little on my slider driveshafts. I doubled up on my washers, had 2 .5mm there to begin now there is 4. Under inspection it looked as though they only rubbed really during a tight turn so hopefully the 2mm total will help with that. Btw I put 60weight in rear and 42.5weight in fronts. Will update on how that handles my amateur bash sessions

I noticed while I was adjusting the stock fluid in these shocks that my fronts were rubbing a little on my slider driveshafts. I doubled up on my washers, had 2 .5mm there to begin now there is 4. Under inspection it looked as though they only rubbed really during a tight turn so hopefully the 2mm total will help with that. Btw I put 60weight in rear and 42.5weight in fronts. Will update on how that handles my amateur bash sessions

Try increasing the screw size to 20mm, Traxxas 2580 and using the metal spacers that come in Traxxas 1937 to give more room. Has worked really well for over a year for me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back