Granite Typhon 6s shocks on Granite = wheelie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
  13. Typhon 6s
I run 2s 5000mah 90c smc batts. Combined with stock Granite the thing was like a suction cup to the ground just absorbing everything. I put these Typhon 6s shocks on and all it does is wheelie now. What do I need to do to get this thing to act like it did when stock just suction cup to the ground? What should I preload or not preload. Thanks

Hi, arrmadave - I run the same shocks and if i am on 2s 5000maH my truck does a pretty good job not wheeling especially if I am running my #Bandito street tires due to how heavy they are on the truck ! Also, if I am running these tires they stick and hooks up very nicely.. Also, remember, you can adjust your punch points as well. I'm petty sure the Punch Points come set at 70% from the factory that you can tweak! Now, if i run it on 3s - Amy #Granite can do wheelie's like a #ARRMA #Notorious - np! Here are a few pics!
back shot.jpeg

New T-BONE RACING WHEELIE BAR

Hi, arrmadave - I run the same shocks and if i am on 2s 5000maH my truck does a pretty good job not wheeling especially if I am running my #Bandito street tires due to how heavy they are on the truck ! Also, if I am running these tires they stick and hooks up very nicely.. Also, remember, you can adjust your punch points as well. Now, if i run it on 3s - Amy #Granite can do wheelie's like a #ARRMA #Notorious - np! Here are a few pics! View attachment 45824

New T-BONE RACING WHEELIE BAR
View attachment 45826

Thanks flshark. Can you possibly show me how you have your spring loads set to compare to mine? Thanks

Did you tighten your slipper? Loosen it a little, like a 1/4 turn at a time. Keep trying until you get it the way you want it.

My Typhon shocks on my Granite absorb everything..handles awesome and stays really planted..absorbs jumps great too..doesn't wheelie and more or less than the factory shocks..such a huge improvement and makes it more enjoyable to drive than it already was

Attachments

• A6612A82-9FD2-4533-B392-33D31C23DEDB.jpeg
    A6612A82-9FD2-4533-B392-33D31C23DEDB.jpeg
    521.4 KB · Views: 83
  • F7CC2FB8-C67F-4A78-9ABB-49CD732D794E.jpeg
    F7CC2FB8-C67F-4A78-9ABB-49CD732D794E.jpeg
    505.2 KB · Views: 78
yep I had got it all figured out. Had too much pre load.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back