Granite Typhon 6s shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActionRc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello does anyone know how to install the typhon 6s shocks on Granite BLX or a video for how to.

Direct fit. You will need some air tubing for the top . Axial has a bushing that goes in there a does great..
98833B80-3C4A-4028-8BA1-6A9DDFD4E5EA.jpeg

Thank you very much now i just need to get my hands on those shocks look i have the money but just cant find any place that has them in stock?

Thank you very much now i just need to get my hands on those shocks look i have the money but just cant find any place that has them in stock?
There very hard to find and pricy when you do. Check out big bore shocks as a alternative . You can always rebuild the stock ones so they don’t leak.

@Be Ready is right...the Typhon are hard to find... I did find the Typhon front a few months back. After doing a lot of searching here did the rear using the Outcast front (for the Granite rear). I did have to change the springs to make them a little softer for Outcast only and 60wt oil all around...kept all the pistons as is. Worked just fine I see why people like them as a replacement.

Since I have put them in a bag. I changed to the eBay Big Bore for the Granite only because I wanted the polish look just had too much red going on. The Big Bore has been spot on no leaks from bashing using 60wt oil also 40wt will work. If I change the body and look where red shocks look better will go with it.

The Typhon was a pain to find never found the rear but others told me about the Outcast front for the rear so it all worked out in the end when I do put them back on.

The Typhon I could not wait on the axial bushing they are still on back-order at Amain now and cannot be found in stock anywhere. I used some auto tubing that was a very hard plastic it worked great as a bushing once I cut it to size. The Big Bore came with something to use a bushing.

Big Bore
IMG_20200630_210134.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Axial bushings. But they were unavailable for awhile when I upgraded shocks. This has 3 mm ID, 4 mm OD. Fills the gap perfectly. You still need washers on the side for the side to side play, but this worked well until I was able to get the Axial shock bushings.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2JW633/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For alternatives to Typhon shocks, and general shock upgrade info, this thread is great:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...-blx-4s-shocks-upgrades-and-information.7413/

P.S. I have Tekno shocks, very happy with them, but if I had to do it all over again, I would probably try the ebay Big Bore shocks. The Tekno shocks are ridiculously expensive, and like many available shock upgrades, they are longer than stock Granite shocks. Longer shocks raise the ride height and make the Granite more prone to rolling over. I've compensated for this by using the optional wider shock mounts on RPM arms. But the Big Bore shocks are one of the few upgrades that keep the ride height very close to stock without any additional upgrades.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back