Typhon Typhon 6S Speed Project first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btosic

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Today I assembled a core, a base, for my speedrun car. I am so proud, not on numbers, I even won't post them in this moment, but how nice this car handles! I just tuned shocks, shorten suspension travel and put on S5 GRP slicks. No rear wing too, I have some difficulty with rear wing mount reengineering. No gyro ofcourse.
I just want to share this first run, first moving moment of a project in work.
I will create a ditail Project post, with absolutely nothing to hide. Right now I am so tired and my vacation is over.

If you like, guess the speed. :) :) :)

Nice straight pass. (y)

Hard to guess speed without knowing a little more info on the sort of set up you're running (motor/ESC combo, spool, spur gears etc) but I'll have a go.

As the camera seems to be mounted on a car bonnet/wing at a reasonable height (a lower camera mounting position can make it look quicker than it may have actually been) I'm going to guess maybe 90mph odd.
Close? Or miles away? :unsure:

Today I assembled a core, a base, for my speedrun car. I am so proud, not on numbers, I even won't post them in this moment, but how nice this car handles! I just tuned shocks, shorten suspension travel and put on S5 GRP slicks. No rear wing too, I have some difficulty with rear wing mount reengineering. No gyro ofcourse.
I just want to share this first run, first moving moment of a project in work.
I will create a ditail Project post, with absolutely nothing to hide. Right now I am so tired and my vacation is over.

If you like, guess the speed. :):):)

78 mph

If he's running the standard motor/ESC combo, maximum pinion gear size of 23T that you can fit on the standard engine mount with the standard centre diff and a standard 50T spur gear then I'd say you're right on the money. ;)

As I said above it's hard to guess speed without knowing a little more info on the sort of set up he's running.

If he's running the standard motor/ESC combo, maximum pinion gear size of 23T that you can fit on the standard engine mount with the standard centre diff and a standard 50T spur gear then I'd say you're right on the money. ;)

As I said above it's hard to guess speed without knowing a little more info on the sort of set up he's running.
I kind of based my guess on what I've read from you and other member's posts in the build threads. A maxed out stocker usually peaks around this number, then the fun really begins.

As I said I will start a building thread with all details.
Just for fun, car has a spool, 27/36.:)
To quote a famous film line....

"Sh*t just got real" ? ?

I'm going to stick with my first guess but knowing the above it could be in the triple digits. Just depends how "brave" you were with the throttle on your first run. ;)

Temps were fine yesterday. That means only one thing, 28T pinion for today. :)
20190527_175243.jpg

The reason why GRPs are the best for the job, if you apply enough power they melt just like a real racing tires. Look at little stones that are so deep in the compound.

20190527_180458.jpg

Last edited:
The reason why GRPs are the best for the job, if you apply enough power they melt just like a real racing tires. Look at little stones that are so deep in the compound.
Yep I love how tacky my GRP's go when they get some heat in them. Like your slicks. :cool:

So can you put us all out of our misery please? How fast was it in the video?
Also what are you using to check your speed with?

Sure, it was 102 mph , I use a GPS watch, under the shell, but working on a rear wing with a dedicated place for GPS device. I don't feel safe when I stuck my watch under the shell, and I am afraid that there are so meny things that can interfere(big caps, radio, ESC, motor...).
That's why I don't take this numbers to be 100% accurate.
Speaking of which, I build cap packs with Nichicon 2200uF , 63V (50V are just fine too) , "audio spec" capacitors. There is no excuse not tu build cap pack, good caps are not so expensive and soldering is not a rocket science.

20190527_185510.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, it was 102 mph , I use a GPS watch, under the shell, but working on a rear wing with a dedicated place for GPS device. I don't feel safe when I stuck my watch under the shell, and I am afraid that there are so meny things that can interfere(big caps, radio, ESC, motor...).
That's why I don't take this numbers to be 100% accurate.
So I wasn't far off then. :D
Have you read my speed runner thread in the "Arrma 6S BLX" sub section?

This is how I mount my SkyRC GPS and now my Dynamite GPS...
58.JPG

It shows a SkyRC GPS in the picture above (as well as my modified Traxxas wing) but I now use a more accurate Dynamite GPS unit which is more or less the same size so fits perfectly in the same place.

To get it to fit originally I had to re-position my rear shocks one hole further apart, as well as swap my rear wing mounts over so that the wing was positioned slightly further backwards. Then I just used a velcro strap wrapped around one of the rear wing spacers to secure it in place. In position it is very safe and I only added the velcro for added security.

Experienced eye!!! You felt it.
So nice, I am so obsessed with clean and simple solutions!!! That car is all I love in this hobby! Beautiful car man!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back