Typhon 6s speed run winter build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigred7685

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Just picked this up other day seen lots of good thing about typhon 6s. I’d like to turn it into speed runner any recommendations on what to upgrade first was going to keep stock electronics for now. Also wrapping up building this tamiya build to.
1746AF87-5180-42D7-8201-95419B629D73.jpeg
EBBC1CB8-63A9-4C6A-8F90-541EB38EEC92.jpeg
CE3E2D53-23E8-4680-BC9D-C4487A0159B8.jpeg
DECD40C6-E222-4C00-A630-9DB7A99E03D3.jpeg

id start with tires and go from there. I actually have a typhon 6s on the way gonna be working on something similar as far as a speed build also you might want to start getting some higher gearing. the experts will probably chime in shortly

As suggested above start with tires, I'd suggest GRP S1 or S3 with the white rims. You'll want to adjust your droop and rake so the front sits only about 10mm off the ground and rear about 25mm. Tighten the shocks as tight as possible or use fuel tubing inside on the shafts to stop them from moving up and down to prevent squat. The stock system will be good to start with but will limit you a lot and cut out on hard throttle pulls. I suggest if you haven't speed ran to really practice slow even throttle pulls with the slower stock system speeds. Also you'll want to get used to driving it with steering rate turned down to almost nothing as at speed the smallest turn input moves the car a lot. Here is my Typhon build from stock to speed running and give some ideas and help to get you going https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/v5-typhon-6s-why-not-a-new-build-thread.31650/
If your serious about speed running you'll want to look into a Castle mmx8s or XLX2 ESC and better motor and also you'll need a better radio for range and tuneability which I highly suggest the RC6GS V2. Here is my channel also if you want to browse back through my videos you'll see where I started with my basically stock Typhon and the progression up to 125mph. https://youtube.com/channel/UCyem5aIkTlhlqHjhOQvnJHQ

I'd seriously consider putting kraton chassis under it.if new to SPEEDRUNNING the swb chassis is much harder to control than a stretched typhon.longer the wheelbase better for learning.

20211015_030911.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back