Typhon Typhon 6s speed run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah Raz is always trying different things.
Some how he always makes it work.:LOL:
Has he broke 195 mph yet?
I'm waiting for 200+.
He has not had success with the dual castle motor builds yet. I think the next one we see from him will be dual TP Motors.

Yeah Raz is always trying different things.
Some how he always makes it work.:LOL:
Has he broke 195 mph yet?
I'm waiting for 200+.
His PB is 198mph with his dual 1717 setup.

Edit: That was when he went to dual 1721s but, as it turned out, that caused new issues.
He has not had success with the dual castle motor builds yet. I think the next one we see from him will be dual TP Motors.
I'm not sure I'd call 198mph not having success, but I know what you meant :)

His PB is 198mph with his dual 1717 setup.

Edit: That was when he went to dual 1721s but, as it turned out, that caused new issues.

I'm not sure I'd call 198mph not having success, but I know what you meant :)

Down hill ;)
It runs about 186 on flat ground at ROSSA.

Down hill ;)
It runs about 186 on flat ground at ROSSA.
I wouldn't exactly call a slight gradient down hill, but I take your meaning :)
To be fair to him, there may have been other factors involved, but it's difficult to say. I guess we could get some closure on that question if he were to run his car in the other direction on his runway and then average the two.

Yeah I remember when he stated some passes were downhill.
He is humble and wants a legit real pull on the flats. It's personal success with him. Not about bragging rights. That's why he shares his projects mostly. Helps others.
To be fair to him, there may have been other factors involved, but it's difficult to say. I guess we could get some closure on that question if he were to run his car in the other direction on his runway and then average the two.
Tail winds.....:LOL:
I seen where there are days he comes out and knows conditions are against him. Terrain or weather limiting. Not that he throws in the towel.
Just he becomes realistic and doesn't push his luck. He is patient for that PB. The right conditions.
He is always looking to repeat his PB's consistently before he moves on.

Last edited:

Agreed, he has some excuses about running the other direction saying there is radio interference.
I dunno.... to me if you find yourself up there in the top 1% you should justify those speeds by doing something like you mentioned running both directions.

Agreed, he has some excuses about running the other direction saying there is radio interference.
I dunno.... to me if you find yourself up there in the top 1% you should justify those speeds by doing something like you mentioned running both directions.
Indeed. I'm pretty sure that's how they do it in the unlimited outrigger class. I get that water is a bit different as you have to take things like currents into account, but I think it might be a valid ask of WR speed runs.

Gears are gears so on paper locking the center diff won't matter. What it will do is turn the front and rear diffs at the same rate, which in theory should have more consistent power delivery.

You can use a calculator to give you an estimate of the top speed. This is ideal and the actual speed will be a bit lower.
https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/
Yeah On Paper.
But uneven terrain/ wind etc could negate any advantage with a spool or being Locked would have. Then you get incremental pushes or pulls. This can get significant or not. A center diff can balance that out up to a point. Power delivery is one thing. Staying planted is another. Directional stability matters. Not having this can cut speeds.
How I always understood it. :unsure:

Yeah On Paper.
But uneven terrain/ wind etc could negate any advantage with a spool or being Locked would have. Then you get incremental pushes or pulls. This can get significant or not. A center diff can balance that out up to a point. Power delivery is one thing. Staying planted is another. Directional stability matters. Not doing this can cut speeds.
How I always understood it. :unsure:
If you can keep the car planted, good sized winglets on the side of the body provide incredible directional stability. I can feel my FC100 body "click" into place at speeds beyond 100-110mph. Even when it's windy out. It feels like it's on rails and it's glorious.

I like that feeling when you reach that certain speed, then all of a sudden the rig hooks up straight as an arrow, it just "Clamps down". The downforce takes over.
I look for this before my continued full pull. If I don't observe this, I abort the pass.

If you can keep the car planted, good sized winglets on the side of the body provide incredible directional stability. I can feel my FC100 body "click" into place at speeds beyond 100-110mph. Even when it's windy out. It feels like it's on rails and it's glorious.
I ran the WR Speed body with a 25 mph cross wind the other day and it was straight as an arrow.
I hope to test it again this weekend if my first 4s pass goes well (y)

I ran the WR Speed body with a 25 mph cross wind the other day and it was straight as an arrow.
I hope to test it again this weekend if my first 4s pass goes well (y)
The winglets make such a difference.

Godspeed and good luck brother, can't wait to see the results!! đź’Ş

The winglets make such a difference.

Godspeed and good luck brother, can't wait to see the results!! đź’Ş

Now that I have 2 high-quality 4s packs I may do a comparison between the FC100 and WR Speed body. I have a strong impression which one will do better, but I'll hold that opinion for now. I think many people would like to see that comparison.

Now that I have 2 high-quality 4s packs I may do a comparison between the FC100 and WR Speed body. I have a strong impression which one will do better, but I'll hold that opinion for now. I think many people would like to see that comparison.
I certainly would...and that should be reason enough to do it :LOL:

I have a typhon 6s v4 ,still running blx,up to 85 ,with 46,27 ,no diff locker ,but I have a 34 spool ,haven't used it yet ,and i do have 29 pin.just wanted to try hit 100 .think that's plenty good for a typhon.wife saying cant start limitless build till I hit 100.lofl
Just strap a model rocket engine to it and let her rip. Done, Limitless on order for Christmas.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back