Typhon Typhon 6s stock doing bashing on grass or dirt road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, I own a kraton 6s and a big rock 3s, but now I would like to get a typhon 6s because I like it too much! I would like to use it doing bashing on grass or dirt (no road) , do you think if with the stock tires (I mean the v5 version) it works or not? From the videos that I have seen on the internet I would say yes, I would always use it in 6s.

My weaker and smaller version, the Typhon 3s, handles tall grass and dirt super well, and it’s stock. The 6s should have no issues with it.

How much you wanna spend.??
1 proline mmx2s
2 grp buggy tires medium
3 duratrax lockups
4 corralley python stock tires.(super light)30 grams less than rest per tire an tough..
5 stock 3 &6s typhon dboots
These have been my favorites

Ok thank you, but with stock typhon ( on 6s) tires, is possible in make bash on the grass or dirt road without break it ?

Ok thank you, but with stock typhon ( on 6s) tires, is possible in make bash on the grass or dirt road without break it ?
Yes,once ya start going above stock pinion,16t I think.thats when ya start having problems with tires.the stock typhon tires are good on everything but the street.youll burn the tread off fast.the typhon 3s are good tires also,little cheaper..typhons go through tires if ya drive like me

How fast is typhon stock? And what stock pinion does it fit? The speed of my kraton v5 on 6s (stock) is 86 kph

The stock Typhon tires are very soft rubber and won’t last very long on any surface other than a dirt track. That is what they are designed for. If you are running on any paved surface, stone, cement, bricks, pavers, asphalt, etc., then you will wear them out very quickly. On grass they should be ok too, but Badlands or Lockups will give you much better grip. Both of these also last way longer as they are harder rubber compounds too.

Just some thoughts, might be helpful:

Not so happy with the Typhon 6s V5 on grass if the grass is not freshly mowed. I changed the springs to ones that are double as hard. That helped. Got badlands on the Typhon. Great car on dirt. Not happy in soft sand. Just does not get the traction. Too much spinning on 6s in soft sand. Motor runs hot, short run times. It is a heavy car after all. The Typhon 3s handles soft sand better as it is lighter. Changed the Typhon to LWB on a Kraton 6s chassis. Handles a lot better. But the original SWB (short wheel base) looks better.

The Talion is basically a 1/5 Typhon. Consider going with that when you want to drive on grass. A lot more ground clearance. But then the Talion is not that different to a Kraton. If you put the Notorious tires on it with a smaller pinion it's basically a narrow Kraton 6s. The EXB Talion to me is the better Typhon if the gravel / dirt is not so level.

If you drive on level gravel and pavement too the Typhon 6s is the way to go.

Last edited:
I drive on grass a lot. It's got upsides, like low damage potential, an downsides, like high drag (motor heat). It is lumpy and full of holes. I did not like the stock Typhon (6s, with me always 6s) tires. They grab on the edges and tip the car on turns. A session on those tires in grass turns into a lot of walking to flip the car back over (and over and over). My solution was to widen via truggification and run MX28 tires. It runs great on grass now, and has become my favorite Arrma. Truggification is a low-cost mod less tires thanks to the kit breakers.

I truggified too with the MX28. That went fine on 4s. On 6s the gearing started making sounds and could not shim more. Seemed the tires would burst any minute. Did not go the Kevlar thread around wheels way. Once even a total flip when at speed on gravel. Then got MX28HP belted. They are good for 6s. Then build back to stock as I figured I might es well just drive Kraton / Talion when I truggify. Well not quite but a bit like a mini Kraton / Talion.

Now on LWB but not truggified (yet). Not driven too much.
And yes the toppling over on grass has been my experience too with normal buggy tires.

Last edited:
Why are you not confident with the stock wheels/tires????? :unsure:
BREAK what???? Its a basher rig for dirt and grass.(y) Everything is subject to breakage. User error........:LOL:
Drive them as is first.
Then decide from there if traction is good enough for you.
Any 17mm hexed (zero offset) 1/8 Buggy mini pin tires are always an option. TLR Typhon stockers can even work.
:cool:

I have kraton 6s v5, but the speed of the typhon excites me, I'm not interesred to use it on road asphalt, i would use it only on dirt road and grass but at the same time
I'm afraid it won't fit as it's low off the ground🤔 but the tires MX28 i could mount them also to the kraton?

I have kraton 6s v5, but the speed of the typhon excites me, I'm not interesred to use it on road asphalt, i would use it only on dirt road and grass but at the same time
I'm afraid it won't fit as it's low off the ground🤔 but the tires MX28 i could mount them also to the kraton?
MX28 on a Kraton would be very small, but they will technically fit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back