Typhon 6S Street Spec Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVA-RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 6s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Just wanted to share some pics of my new Typhon 6S. Had a bent CVD shaft out of the box so while waiting for Horizon to send out the replacement, I decided to do some modding! Decided to do a street basher with the following options:

-Limitless front and rear shocks and towers
-EXB Front and Rear chassis brace
-EXB Top Plate
-EXB Servo Mount
-HR Center Diff mount
-Jim's bearings
-Tbone basher bumper (flattened)
-25kg servo
-Hoon tires from my Limitless.
-Diff oil at 60k/500k/30k to start off

Cant wait to street with this!

_DSC4346.JPG
_DSC4347.JPG
_DSC4348.JPG
_DSC4350.JPG
_DSC4351.JPG

Looks great man! I love Limitless suspension on a Typhon. EXB parts match the color scheme perfectly too :cool: You might want to open up your fan covers a touch so you're not choking your fans, but everything else looks fantastic. How fast are you hoping to make this thing go?

Looks great man! I love Limitless suspension on a Typhon. EXB parts match the color scheme perfectly too :cool: You might want to open up your fan covers a touch so you're not choking your fans, but everything else looks fantastic. How fast are you hoping to make this thing go?
Thanks! The EXB parts definitely blends in well with the rest of the car. I plan on testing the fan air speed later with my anemometer with and without the cover to figure the reduction. The car currently has the speed pinion on it so with the hoon tires, it should be less than 70mph. If I get the speed bug with this, I can always try out the spool from the limitless ?

So testing the fan unmounted from the heatsink, i was getting 559ft/min without cover and 465ft/min with cover...roughly 20% reduction. But when mounted on the heatsink and installed on the motor, measured wind speed from the side of the heatsink is 280ft/min with or without cover. So basically the motor impedes the majority of the air flow and the cover reduction is negligible when installed. Of course I will still monitor the temp after a solid run ?

Just wanted to share some pics of my new Typhon 6S. Had a bent CVD shaft out of the box so while waiting for Horizon to send out the replacement, I decided to do some modding! Decided to do a street basher with the following options:

-Limitless front and rear shocks and towers
-EXB Front and Rear chassis brace
-EXB Top Plate
-EXB Servo Mount
-HR Center Diff mount
-Jim's bearings
-Tbone basher bumper (flattened)
-25kg servo
-Hoon tires from my Limitless.
-Diff oil at 60k/500k/30k to start off

Cant wait to street with this!

View attachment 91563View attachment 91564View attachment 91565View attachment 91566View attachment 91567
Why Limitless shock towers, are you bashing or racing? Also, what kind of diff oil will you be running?

Why Limitless shock towers, are you bashing or racing? Also, what kind of diff oil will you be running?

Wanted a road setup using limitless shocks so using the matching towers. Gonna use it for bashing and occasional speed runs. Currently have 60/500/30k and adjusting from there.

Shredding GRP tires ?

AAA4D0DC-C1A3-40D3-882C-E6F37EFF0B83.jpeg

Last edited:
Drifting S7s actually lol
The way they melted it looked like my S1’s that I tried to make a pass on this spring when the road was 100F. They melted just like that.

Oh yeah, the wings just got test fitted today. Deciding if I want to paint them black or paint a body that would match them better.

Had some CF and aluminum vinyl sheets so tried to dress it up a bit since I don’t have self etching primer for metal. What do you all think? The end goal is to still paint it black tho.
8A3B9F15-64D9-4CFC-B76C-87A98D2B8FDA.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back