Typhon 6s street tires for rain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumguy75

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
Finally ready to try some street tires on my Typhon 6s. I've got the Katars that I can run when its dry, but if this stupid freaking dry hot summer ever ends (🥵🤬🤪😂), I'm planning to bash more on concrete or pavement since there are plenty of well lit parking lots within a mile of me that are empty after 5:00 every day and all weekend.

The rain will set in for the winter/spring soon enough here, so my priority is wet traction. I don't know how much of difference it makes on rc's vs. full size cars, but I'm guessing some tires are better for dry and some better for wet surfaces?

Obviously I'd like a tire that does wet and dry great, but am willing to swap tires based on it being wet or dry outside. Since I have the Katars to run when its dry, I'm looking for a good option or 2 for when its wet. Any input is appreciated.

My guess are the PL licensed Proxes. Looks like a good rain tire to me. By it's tread design. At least for RC'ing.
Yeah hydroplaning as with scale cars is what you want to reduce chances of. A flat tread with deep open "sipes" is what you want. Whatever you do end up with.
Just me. I don't run in the wet stuff. Never considered traction on wet pavement. But many do this. If I get caught in the rain during a bash, I pack it in. Yeah the rig will slide all over in general. Won't hook up. Been there. The Hoons will suck IMHO. GRP's may be better.

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...belted-mounted-17mm-5-spoke-2/PRO1019910.html

This below is a true buggy dimension wheel. But some have stated they go bald fast. Maybe not in the rain as much???

https://www.prolineracing.com/produ...uggy-tires-mounted-17mm-black-2/PRO906921.htm

Some ideas.
I am sure others will have their recommendations.:cool:
Maybe an offroad type of lugged tire may even be better??? IDK. Not sure how fast you want to drive.
Are Belted tires a criteria for you?

Last edited:

These are the toyo proxxes @SrC is talking about. That's a stretched typhon with felony diffs f/r as well. I actually really like the tires, at least on that rig they're definitely better than the hoons.

I might not enjoy bashing when its raining a lot, may only be when its light rain and very few or no puddles to watch out for. Its just that here in the PNW the ground doesn't dry out completely very often in the rainy months, almost always at least damp to slightly wet.

A new office complex opened about a mile from me and they have a very big parking lot that is very empty in the evenings. They also have a very large covered area in front of the building so I won't be standing in the rain. Just too tempting to ignore, lol.

Are the Powerhobby street tires decent? This tread pattern looks similar to the Proxes, like it could help avoid hydroplaning. $15 cheaper per pair than the Proxes, but not sure how good it is.

image_2022-10-11_114843765.png

I might not enjoy bashing when its raining a lot, may only be when its light rain and very few or no puddles to watch out for. Its just that here in the PNW the ground doesn't dry out completely very often in the rainy months, almost always at least damp to slightly wet.

A new office complex opened about a mile from me and they have a very big parking lot that is very empty in the evenings. They also have a very large covered area in front of the building so I won't be standing in the rain. Just too tempting to ignore, lol.

Are the Powerhobby street tires decent? This tread pattern looks similar to the Proxes, like it could help avoid hydroplaning. $15 cheaper per pair than the Proxes, but not sure how good it is.

View attachment 249545
I've only tried the grippers and the beast tires iirc and I liked the grippers. I chunked the other ones twice so I definitely won't try them again.

View attachment 249545
Look nice to me.
Softer compounds will absolutely help on wet terrain and with colder weather. Siping looks ok also. Good price.(y)
In the end, only Trial and Error will determine what works best for you.

How'd i know i'd see you here posting these...??? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
They're just so cheap man. When I ordered them, I never thought theye'd be so good. I was terrified I wasted a lot of money ordering 5 sets at once on a whim. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back