Typhon 6s suspension feels…dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleeper_service

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Hi, typhon 6s with some M2c parts; chassis, skids, front hinge pins and retainers, hot wheel hubs so it’s a bit heavier than stock. Carbon fiber front steering components I thought may offset the added weight a bit but, there’s still a problem.

The front suspension feels completely dead. When I set the car down and settle the suspension, the front has no rebound whatsoever. At anything other than highest ride height it basically drags along the ground. Increased shock oil all around, droop dialed in, M2c pistons, I tried Tekno sct shocks with all the options and even with the typhon springs the problem persists.

What’s the next step to take here?

Hi, typhon 6s with some M2c parts; chassis, skids, front hinge pins and retainers, hot wheel hubs so it’s a bit heavier than stock. Carbon fiber front steering components I thought may offset the added weight a bit but, there’s still a problem.

The front suspension feels completely dead. When I set the car down and settle the suspension, the front has no rebound whatsoever. At anything other than highest ride height it basically drags along the ground. Increased shock oil all around, droop dialed in, M2c pistons, I tried Tekno sct shocks with all the options and even with the typhon springs the problem persists.

These are all great suggestions.

In my limited experience when springs or chassis do not rebound as they should and I am not referring to years old RC...found that cleaning it well around the suspension and arm areas helped.

Using a stiff plastic brush, not a paintbrush...to clean all around the suspension areas...as well as the arm hinge pins and the rear and all around the shocks

Clean in the arm and hinge pin joint areas and apply some good silicone spray like COW or SC1 in the cleaned areas....move it around to work it in

If the shock shaft shows and is not covered by a boot, clean it and hit it with a little silicone spray, and work the shock up/down

Not saying this is a winner but has helped me to see it stand back up with clean suspension joints...all moving joints that control the up/down as well as side to side mocements.

If aged, hey those are some good tips above.

I’ve got 60wt in them now as I figured that would help but hasn’t made much difference.

I did pick up the Orange tekno springs but managed to order the wrong length so, they are too short.

As for the suggestion on cleaning things up…That can’t be a factor at the moment either. Its about as cleanly as can be.

I’ll take a quick video and put it up for you guys maybe will see something I am missing. Do I simply share the YouTube link ?

You added much weight. Is what it is. Little parts made of CF is not any significant offset to that heavy weight M2C chassis and braces.
Thicker oil will not help. Will even make it worse. Will Exacerbate a non responsive shock stroke. Only Springs, suspends the chassis' weight. Not the oil.
Firmer spring rate is your only answer. Springs that have a thicker wire over the stockers when measured with a caliper.
Arrma grades their springs by inch pounds in some cases.
How much firmer???
It will be trial and error till you get it right.
I would follow the suggestion by @Infraction666. (y)
Arrma has many 6s springs as Option parts listed at their site.
:cool:

I’ve got 60wt in them now as I figured that would help but hasn’t made much difference.

I did pick up the Orange tekno springs but managed to order the wrong length so, they are too short.

As for the suggestion on cleaning things up…That can’t be a factor at the moment either. Its about as cleanly as can be.

I’ll take a quick video and put it up for you guys maybe will see something I am missing. Do I simply share the YouTube link ?

That's good...

Just a suggestion but I think SrC hit it on the head....

You added much weight. Is what it is. Little parts made of CF is not any significant offset to that heavy weight M2C chassis and braces.
Thicker oil will not help. Will even make it worse. Will Exacerbate a non responsive shock stroke. Only Springs, suspends the chassis' weight. Not the oil.
Firmer spring rate is your only answer. Springs that have a thicker wire over the stockers when measured with a caliper.
Arrma grades their springs by inch pounds in some cases.
How much firmer???
It will be trial and error till you get it right.
I would follow the suggestion by @Infraction666. (y)
Arrma has many 6s springs as Option parts listed at their site
I had been waiting for your reply on this. Would it be best to dial the oil weights back from 70 and 60 once I get stiffer springs? Doesn’t the oil need to be scaled with spring rate?

Thanks all for taking the time to respond.

Good point regarding damping rate and spring rate.
Since you already have them filled, I would replace all 4 springs first. See what you got. Then you can tweak the shock oils from there. I would only change the shock oil in pairs first. Fronts, then backs. Evaluate Front and back shocks separately. Or you will be chasing a ghost trying to dial in the Damping rates.
My guess is that the rear may need thinner oil. The fronts may be fine. Only you will know for sure.
Find out the Stock spring rates (specs) on there now for reference. It is listed information. So you can gage how much stiffer you want the springs. You may need the stiffest you can find in the right length for fronts and back.
If you had to guess... how much weight did you add there? More than a pound+ ?? This should guide you as to what springs to get. And probably the firmest you can find.:unsure: The Typhon is a very light rig out the box. Adding a pound + weight puts a toll on the stocker springs no doubt. I run my TLRT on 4s. I like it more nimble. Top speed for it on 4s right now is 56mph. 22T pinion. And runs cool. (HW XR8 Plus/2250kv combo) Stock springs and oil. I may go a hair thinner oil in the rear shocks. Or change out the Pistons.
Good luck.
:cool:

Last edited:
Does anyone have any info on the listed option springs from Arrmas website?

Exmaple: https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/shock-spring-84mm-m-56.6gf-mm-2/ARAC8948.html

The description lists other springs in the range and has part numbers for each however, on searching the part numbers (specifically AR330240 and AR330237) there are no results. Not only are there no results on arrmas site, they don't seem to exist anywhere online.

Was going to try the talion exb springs but the lengths do not match for the front....talion 60mm vs typhon 74mm. Would an increase in overall length be an acceptable substitute for firmer spring rate?

Could be bent hinge pin ?

did you adjust your pivot balls by any chance? if the balls get dirty or if you tighten them to much the suspension will not function well. good luck

did you adjust your pivot balls by any chance? if the balls get dirty or if you tighten them to much the suspension will not function well. good luck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back