Typhon typhon 6s typhon v4 blx185 lipo batteries recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lost247

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there Correctly have 2x old 3s 60c 6000mah batteries.
just wondering if a 2x 3s 100c 6000mah or 1x 100c 6s 5000-6000mah would be ok with blx185 esc and blx motor.
bought it s/h
just learning

I bought 2x3s batteries for my 6s typhon because my charger needs upgrading as it will only charge up to 4s. I do not no your situation but just make sure whatever you get they will fit in your rc . Don't ask me how I no. :) The Blx 185 should do fine in my opinion.

Last edited:
Hi there Correctly have 2x old 3s 60c 6000mah batteries.
just wondering if a 2x 3s 100c 6000mah or 1x 100c 6s 5000-6000mah would be ok with blx185 esc and blx motor.
bought it s/h
just learning
i run two 3s 6000Mah gensacearespammers batteries on BLX185 and have no issues other than too
much fun!

Whether 100c or 60c discharge rate, this does not affect the physical dimensions of the lipo. Essentially the size based on the Mah capacity changes as the capacity goes higher. Best to use one single 6s brick IMHO. Although you can run 2x 3s if need be. I just don't feel it is as practical.
An underated charger will still charge a lipo, just takes longer. Better to invest in single 6s bricks. The priority IMHO. Unless you already have matching 3s packs and use them in other single 3s rigs also.
Need to buy the right packs and charger that will supply the correct amps for the chosen pack(s) capacity. You know this already.

I hope I understood your quetsion.

Whether 100c or 60c discharge rate, this does not affect the physical dimensions of the lipo. Essentially the size based on the Mah capacity changes as the capacity goes higher. Best to use one single 6s brick IMHO. Although you can run 2x 3s if need be. I just don't feel it is as practical.
An underated charger will still charge a lipo, just takes longer. Better to invest in single 6s bricks. The priority IMHO. Unless you already have matching 3s packs and use them in other single 3s rigs also.
Need to buy the right packs and charger that will supply the correct amps for the chosen pack(s) capacity. You know this already.

I hope I understood your quetsion.
After reading your reply to @lost247 I decided it's about time I finely invested in a better charger. Thanks!! đź’° :)

I run a few in my recently acquired typhon. It has the older blx185/blx4074 2050kv in it. Running 18T pinion now with amazon tires/wheels that are a bit taller than the stock ones. I wrapped them to avoid having them blow apart on me. So far, so good.

Packs I've run in it so far:
Liperior 6200mah 6S 45C (bought 4 recently before I thought about it...)
Liperior 5000mah 6S 65C
CNHL 5000mah black series 65C
CNHL 5000mah black series 40C (used to run in my maxx4s)

They all seem to do fine. The 6200's are a bit heavy though. I did dremel a little bit out of the top of the battery box that slides up/down as the CNHL 5000mah 40C's are a bit fat/wide for some reason and I didn't want to tear them up by sliding the thing up and down repeatedly on them.

6200 6S installed:
2022-1021-typhon-escSide-6200_40C_installed.jpg

With the body on it:
2022-1021-typhon-batterySide-6200_40C_installed-body.jpg

Tires I'm running vs the stock ones, has a bit more roll out with them is the only reason I mention them:
2022-1016-ALLINRC-badlandXTR-katar-roadrage-buggy.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back