Typhon Typhon 6s upgrading stock motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

#CKassinger

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Hey guys what's up I've looked around and really couldn't find too many answers as far as what a good motor would be to upgrade I've messed up my stock BLX motor so I'm trying to replace it with something that's a little faster as far as top speed . I don't really want to have to change my ESC right now there's nothing wrong with it. Anybody have any suggestions are mainly run on road/ parking lots

I understand that but my motor is not any good so Im just looking to replace it.. just was looking for options I guess
Its kinda difficult to find a 6s capable motor in the 4065-4074 motor size that's got more than the 2050kv in it, most will have less kv which would mean having to gear up to make up the speed you'd lose going down in motor rpm.

I found this Leopard 4074 on rcjuice that's 2200kv in stock, not much better than the 2050kv stock motor but this is all I could really find that's got more kv. Per the specs at 6s full charge (25.2v) is just higher than it's max voltage (23v) so you may need to watch temps. There's a 2000kv version that is within 6s specs but that's going to be the same as the stock motor.

https://www.rcjuice.com/motor-esc/b...brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-8-scale.html

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-221811_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-221811_Chrome.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 30
Ok thanks guys and thanks SuchTragedy for going out of your way to do some research.. will the castle 1515 motor work with the stock esc

Ok thanks guys and thanks SuchTragedy for going out of your way to do some research.. will the castle 1515 motor work with the stock esc
It would but that’s a very expensive motor for someone who doesn’t want to spend for a new ESC. I would rather save some money on a Leopard or Surpass motor and look into an ESC soon.

€ 42,79 38%OFF | Rocket 4092 4082 1550KV 1650KV 1420KV 1720KV Borstelloze Sensorless Motor Motor Voor 1/8 Rc Drift Racing Monster Truck Off Road auto

I have the 4092 in my typhon ?this motor is great and cheap and more power?save up for a better esc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back