Typhon Typhon 6s V4 impressions/questions after 1st week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Wmorgan I am probably just rolling over because I have the suspension raised almost all the way and like you were saying it happened when I didn't slow down for turns. I really like just sliding and spinning the car around on stock tires which is obviously not really possible with those banditos. If I had a street track to run on the banditos would be a blast though but I'm solely bashing in parking lots and such for the time. There are some tires/wheel combos on Amazon for ~$20 for 4 so I may test the waters there. I don't think foam tires would do any better in the longevity department.

@sadlerbw and @White Noise I don't think I'm ready to give the GRPs a try yet. I imagine they are probably fairly grippy if speed runners are using them and it doesn't seem like there's much rubber on then to take the wear even in a hard compound.

@Reubydoobe thanks for the tip about the fasttrax and alza, I'll be sure to check them both out. Especially after seeing @White Noise pictures. Those lower towers look pretty sweet. Maybe if eventuall buy a kraton to bash I'll go the speed runner route with my typhon. For now though that's a distance dream.

Thanks for all tips everyone, definitely a lot of brands and details I had not heard of or come across in my research up until this point.
Your in the best place for all thing's Arrma ? ❤️ ??

Guess I am not making sense. In reality the Banditos perform great as a road tire. What I really want is something that performs poorly as a road tire but lasts a long time haha.
Mmm, if so, then i guess the best option is these cheap ebay tires.. Not only they’ll last a long time since the rubber cmpound is hard and they have a ton of tread, but also they are cheap anyway.

They wont have a good traction on road, so you can drift them, but they will have a tons of traction off road, i bet you will get traction rolls on grass and such. and using them you don't need to change tires when moving beween on/off road.

Thank you very much, this looks so good, I found the one with the rear wing as well. I'm so tempted, but the shopping is nearly the same as the cost of the item.
Sure thing, glad I could help, just wish the shipping was cheaper.. BTW I actually found these pics of a Typhon with an F1 body on it today while searching around on Google. It looks like it's a long wheelbase conversion.

Attachments

• 59138436_2194745147261155_4533505934130499064_n.jpg
    59138436_2194745147261155_4533505934130499064_n.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 58411035_196945671287409_5991191933123927638_n.jpg
    58411035_196945671287409_5991191933123927638_n.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 67
Mmm, if so, then i guess the best option is these cheap ebay tires.. Not only they’ll last a long time since the rubber cmpound is hard and they have a ton of tread, but also they are cheap anyway.

They wont have a good traction on road, so you can drift them, but they will have a tons of traction off road, i bet you will get traction rolls on grass and such. and using them you don't need to change tires when moving beween on/off road.

Those tires look like exactly what I am looking for thanks! I don't know why but for some reason I have trouble getting many results in my ebay searches. I am not sure what is going on but I will search for like "buggy tires" and only get a few results and most of them will be repeated results of the same product.

@White Noise any idea what that body is? I had seen it recently on another post and thought it was awesome but couldn't find any good info on it.

To be honest I had never heard of Alza until I saw the 1/5 scale wheel adapters in a Youtube video. Another thing I'd like to add about the Alza products is they do ship quickly, and shipping isn't very expensive. The last order for my body mounts for the Typhon I placed on a Monday, and received them on the following Friday. That's pretty good IMO considering they're coming from Slovenia to the US, Lolll.. Here's a pic of the rear body mounts I just received in the raw Aluminum if anyone's interested.

Believe me, I'd love to see an F1 body on the Typhon chassis. Hell if I could find one that came close to fitting, I'd even run a longer wheelbase Talion or Kraton chassis to try and make one fit if possible.. Love your videos by the way. I just got an unpainted Typhon body in the mail yesterday, I just put it on today. I haven't decided how I'm going to paint it yet.
My last Alza order took about a week and a half to get to me, and that included them making the part.

@White Noise any idea what that body is? I had seen it recently on another post and thought it was awesome but couldn't find any good info on it.
Looks like Italian writing on the front wing on the overspray film on that body. So I'm thinking it's an Italian 1/8th scale F1 body? Might wanna check the Delta Plastik USA website in the Vintage section. There's some bodies that look very similar to the one I posted there.
Top plate.
Top plate looks nice, loving those Proline Shockwave 3.8's as well. Just got 2 sets of those this week, pretty upset they're going out of production. I just got the Alza racing Castle XLX esc mount for the center diff, going on another project. Here's a pic...

Attachments

• 20190524_195850_1558742396757_resized.jpg
    20190524_195850_1558742396757_resized.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Looks like Italian writing on the front wing on the overspray film on that body. So I'm thinking it's an Italian 1/8th scale F1 body? Might wanna check the Delta Plastik USA website in the Vintage section. There's some bodies that look very similar to the one I posted there.

Top plate looks nice, loving those Proline Shockwave 3.8's as well. Just got 2 sets of those this week, pretty upset they're going out of production. I just got the Alza racing Castle XLX esc mount for the center diff, going on another project. Here's a pic...

That's for that tip on the body website I hadn't heard of them and they seem to have some great bodies.

That's for that tip on the body website I hadn't heard of them and they seem to have some great bodies

Last edited:
That's for that tip on the body website I hadn't heard of them and they seem to have some great bodies.
You got it(y), the Delta Plastik USA site has a big selection of the most-used speed run bodies I've ever seen. I actually found another F1 style stretched Typhon which turned out really nice IMO. Here's a pic..

Attachments

• Typhon Madnesss.jpg
    Typhon Madnesss.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 103
You got it(y), the Delta Plastik USA site has a big selection of the most-used speed run bodies I've ever seen. I actually found another F1 style stretched Typhon which turned out really nice IMO. Here's a pic..

It’s got P-Zeros

It’s got P-Zeros
I just noticed that Loll.. So I found another pic earlier today of that Typhon with the Blue and Red front aluminum wings from Ebay I had posted previously. Apparently they now make a rear wing set as well. Looks like the ARRMA emblem is machined into the wing, here's a pic..

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 53
Shazam! That’s awesome!

What’s up with the rocker switch on the body? Just to turn it on and off I guess?
Easy access kill switch is my guess. But those aero parts do look freakin awesome though!

For the tires you could also try the G-locs from jconcepts.
http://www.jconcepts.net/shop/glocs-28-tire
Rich is using them on his Truggified Typhon, you can see a demo at the end of this video:

Thanks for the tip. Been thinking that I will probably swap to the kraton hubs, etc so that I can fit 2.8 (?) wheels on the car. This should open up some options for me. What I am still trying to figure out is what the biggest wheel/tire I can fit on the car without rubbing at full lock is. I want something that will go "over" the grass a bit better instead of "through" the grass. I also bought some of those cheap wheel/tire combos off ebay that someone had recommended earlier. I will be sure to report back once I have a feel for how they work.

Also bought two Ovonics 3S batteries. which are supposed to come in to day so I will finally have a chance to see how 6S feels. Can't wait!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back