Typhon Typhon 6S V5 Stretched

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

🇺🇸 DΞזΞפּ 🇺🇸

Cake Boss
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton 4s
  3. Typhon 6s
Just a little something, some of it is not ordered yet so I would wait for you guys input, I'm planning on making it totally custom down the road, but more for bash than speed I got lots of land and live on a state park :)
any info, tips no go's would be appreciated.
2021-12-20_221253.jpg
2021-12-20_221321.jpg
2021-12-20_221408.jpg
2021-12-20_221734.jpg
2021-12-20_221347.jpg
2021-12-20_221430.jpg
2021-12-20_221513.jpg
2021-12-20_221606.jpg
2021-12-20_221708.jpg

Really recommend ditching the spectrum stuff except for the radio. Not worth what you are paying. Get Some YooWoo 6s 5000+Mah lipo's and Do a little research on chargers and pick what you think is the best. The spectrum charger is nice. I have a dual-channel version of that but I don't have their lipo's. Too expensive especially down the road.
Edit: Get the Hota D6 Pro. Deffinitley the best bang for your buck. The Yoowoo are on ebay.

Really recommend ditching the spectrum stuff except for the radio. Not worth what you are paying. Get Some YooWoo 6s 5000+Mah lipo's and Do a little research on chargers and pick what you think is the best. The spectrum charger is nice. I have a dual-channel version of that but I don't have their lipo's. Too expensive especially down the road.
will make a note of that TY 👍

Edit: Get the Hota D6 Pro. Deffinitley the best bang for your buck. The Yoowoo are on ebay.
While I agree with what your saying, the spektrum batteries and charger gear are perfect for some… especially those new to the hobby. You can charge them and leave em charged and they drop down to storage charge for you. Takes some of the work out of it… I have had them, and the features they have are cool. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Just a little something, some of it is not ordered yet so I would wait for you guys input, I'm planning on making it totally custom down the road, but more for bash than speed I got lots of land and live on a state park :)
any info, tips no go's would be appreciated.View attachment 187595View attachment 187596View attachment 187597View attachment 187598View attachment 187599View attachment 187600View attachment 187601View attachment 187602View attachment 187603
Nice man, looks like your gonna have a nice Christmas project to work on :)

+1 on losing the spektrum batts and charger. You can get 2 hoovo 6s 6200mah for the price of the one spektrum 5000mah and if you don’t have spektrum batteries the spektrum chargers are cumbersome to use. The spektrum stuff isn’t junk, but it definitely doesn’t have performance to justify high price. I have spektrum batts btw, first ones I bought with new trucks, haven’t bought another since. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yeah, personally I like the Spektrum batteries because I'm in the process of getting my young'uns involved in the hobby, and some of the smart features offer great peace of mind (they have a tendency to charge batteries when I'm at work so we can drive when I get home, but then for one reason or another we don't end up driving and I don't have to worry about it). If not for that, I wouldn't pay for them. That said, I've found them to be excellent batteries, and I love my Spekrum 2100 charger, even for non-Spektrum batts, and I don't find it to be cumbersome at all. I've had really good luck with Zeee batteries lately, and they are very affordable. Hoovos are good too.

Yeah, personally I like the Spektrum batteries because I'm in the process of getting my young'uns involved in the hobby, and some of the smart features offer great peace of mind (they have a tendency to charge batteries when I'm at work so we can drive when I get home, but then for one reason or another we don't end up driving and I don't have to worry about it). If not for that, I wouldn't pay for them. That said, I've found them to be excellent batteries, and I love my Spekrum 2100 charger, even for non-Spektrum batts, and I don't find it to be cumbersome at all. I've had really good luck with Zeee batteries lately, and they are very affordable. Hoovos are good too.
I got a 1 1/2 year old Hoovo 2s that has low IRs and is still going strong!

will make a note of that TY 👍
If so do your homework on lipo batteries. I wouldnt buy them again. But for at first they have saved alot of discharging and allowed me to learn alot of the more fun things before having to worry with lipos also. But that's just me and I was a total newb. Didnt know a thing aboyt what I was actually jumping off in. And I tried to do honest homework b4 hand. But theres alot. Esp if having trouble with repairs also

Get CNHL LiPos, they are amazing for the price.
If so do your homework on lipo batteries. I wouldnt buy them again. But for at first they have saved alot of discharging and allowed me to learn alot of the more fun things before having to worry with lipos also. But that's just me and I was a total newb. Didnt know a thing aboyt what I was actually jumping off in. And I tried to do honest homework b4 hand. But theres alot. Esp if having trouble with repairs also
Oh I'm doing my homework for sure, lots a reading to take in, the background in my job gives me a bit of an advantage, also youtube videos about overcharging, fires and what common mistakes a rookie does comes in handy.

I have been looking for shocks sets and really have trouble finding some with some decent reviews on them. I will not go gung ho on the Car and get some lower batteries.
The stock shocks are the best shocks you are going to find unless you want to do some modifying and fit full option Tekno SCT410.3 shocks but you are talking almost 2 Benjamins for that.

I have a set of tires like that for my 3s Typhon they work okay but the foams basically disintegrated after a year.

The stock shocks are the best shocks you are going to find unless you want to do some modifying and fit full option Tekno SCT410.3 shocks but you are talking almost 2 Benjamins for that.

I have a set of tires like that for my 3s Typhon they work okay but the foams basically disintegrated after a year.
Thanks Man, I kind of figured this will be an expensive hobby lol, and yes I will do a lot of modifying but not from the get-go.

I have been looking for shocks sets and really have trouble finding some with some decent reviews on them. I will not go gung ho on the Car and get some lower batteries.
No real need to upgrade shocks, other than just for bling. The current version of 6s shocks are tough and pretty smooth, maybe some of the best basher shocks you can get. if you want upgrades for performance, you will need a full racing shock like TLR or Tekno full option. The shocks from the TLRT Typhon will be a minor upgrade, but still big $$$.

If you want an upgrade just for bling, you can strip the red off the stock shocks and polish them. Cheap, the cost is mostly time.
The radio might also be a bit overkill. Most radios around $100 should be great
Radio upgrade is rarely overkill. That radio is a "designed for bashers".. And while I have heard some complaints about the waterproof buttons (hard to press) the idea of a drop-proof / waterproof radio for a basher does not sound overkill at all. From an options POV, the radio is almost the same as the DX5C with telemetry... Now a DX5 Pro or a 7PXR, yeah, that would be overkill, but still nice to have. :)
Also, as a side note, cheap knock-off tires tend to work fine on 2s/3s cars, but for 6s, then probably won't last the first battery, maybe not the first full throttle pass... plan on picking up some better tires.

Last edited:
Make sure the radio you pick has a receiver paired with it. The one you have shown is the transmitter only. I love my DX5c!
mhhhh I figured the one that comes with the new Typhon I bought would bind with it. am I wrong?

mhhhh I figured the one that comes with the new Typhon I bought would bind with it. am I wrong?

Yeah the receiver with the car should bind to it.

Radio upgrade is rarely overkill. That radio is a "designed for bashers".. And while I have heard some complaints about the waterproof buttons (hard to press) the idea of a drop-proof / waterproof radio for a basher does not sound overkill at all. From an options POV, the radio is almost the same as the DX5C with telemetry... Now a DX5 Pro or a 7PXR, yeah, that would be overkill, but still nice to have. :)
Also, as a side note, cheap knock-off tires tend to work fine on 2s/3s cars, but for 6s, then probably won't last the first battery, maybe not the first full throttle pass... plan on picking up some better tires.
Most beginners won't need a huge range and super fast reaction times. I have never dropped a radio in 2 years, and I'm a clumsy person. RTR radios are water proof enough, as I almost never use it in heavy rain, because rust.
Most RTR radios have enough features for beginners.

I'd only upgrade the radio if I had many (>5) rcs, but that's my personal opinion.
I'd rather break a $25 radio a couple of times, than buy a $250 one and never use the features.
But, if you are going to use the features, it could be worth it.

What is the reason you are buying the rugged?

Most beginners won't need a huge range and super fast reaction times. I have never dropped a radio in 2 years, and I'm a clumsy person. RTR radios are water proof enough, as I almost never use it in heavy rain, because rust.
Most RTR radios have enough features for beginners.

I'd only upgrade the radio if I had many (>5) rcs, but that's my personal opinion.
I'd rather break a $25 radio a couple of times, than buy a $250 one and never use the features.
But, if you are going to use the features, it could be worth it.

What is the reason you are buying the rugged?
With a radio like the DX5 Rugged, it is not about reaction times, it is no better than the DX5C/DX2E in that regard. Having a computer radio that can handle several RC's is nice, though. Plus some of the other adjustments can be nice, although I do get that 90% of bashers won't use more than DR and end points. But, after you have used enough cheap equipment, sometimes it is nice to buy something nice... (And I say that as someone that has spent the vast majority of my hobby time with cheap equipment) Yes, the DX5C is a "Nice" basher radio, but it is just that, a nice basher radio, not a racing radio.

Waterproof, I agree, that is not really an issue. But drop protection, yeah, I have kids.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back