Typhon Typhon 6S V5 - Disassembly - Screws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdscuba

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am tearing down my Typhon 6S for the very first time (to shim diffs and change the F/C/R oils). I have noticed a trend that I am not sure I like... After removing several screws (mainly on the rear end at this point) I am seeing what looks to be some sort of thread repair. I would guess that 4-6 screws have had this on them thus far. It does not appear to be thread lock as it is black and it runs the entire length of the screw (typically). Is this normal or did I get some jacked up assembler who stripped out a bunch of my parts??

1611186259915.png

Last edited:
Hey rdscuba, I have two of the same mojaves, one a runner, the other was bought as a spares roller. Both brand new. One had no issues but the other had this issue on three quarters of the body mount and bumper screws. Think someone on the assembly line needs to check the calibration of their tools, maybe one less beer at breaktime. Or simpler still, be less ham fisted!

Hey rdscuba, I have two of the same mojaves, one a runner, the other was bought as a spares roller. Both brand new. One had no issues but the other had this issue on three quarters of the body mount and bumper screws. Think someone on the assembly line needs to check the calibration of their tools, maybe one less beer at breaktime. Or simpler still, be less ham fisted!

That is one of my worries. As I tear down the rest of the parts how many more stripped holes will I find.

Wow, that is an obvious thread repair but honestly wouldn't be that bad if they would stick.

Arrma quality on the decline again. Very possible they got a batch of parts that were machined wrong and this is considered a valid repair in many applications. They probably used some threadlock which makes them come out.

Just to be sure, those are metal or plastic?

If it's plastic it's not a repair.

Wow, that is an obvious thread repair but honestly wouldn't be that bad if they would stick.

Arrma quality on the decline again. Very possible they got a batch of parts that were machined wrong and this is considered a valid repair in many applications. They probably used some threadlock which makes them come out.

Just to be sure, those are metal or plastic?

If it's plastic it's not a repair.
Pretty sure it's not a repair jkflow, it's the material that would've been the thread had they not been wildly over tightened, all on plastic parts.

Relatively new to rc but aye, the quality is pretty grim for the price! The same mojave with the janky threads also had two shock bladders unseated and dropped into the shock bodies, the esc wire had been pinched under the casing cover and the stickers looked like they'd been applied by the drunk blind guy!

I phoned Arrma and they appear to be very willing to replace any affected parts. This is great news.
It's grand Horizon are looking out for you rdscuba but it seems you guys in the States have an easier time with warranty stuff than us in Europe. Tho it has to be said Ah'm reading a lot of spurious claims on here, in my opinion, that gets new stuff in the post every time!

Thems the breaks ah suppose!

Yes, hard to tell from the pictures, I was thinking of helicoils as a repair but they are typically shorter. This is just a stripped out thread(s) and that is just sad.
They need torque limited tools and actually use them and that issue will go away.

Back