Typhon Typhon 6s V5 Steering Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave EXB
I've just put the first pack through my new Typhon 6s and I'm noticing issues with the steering tracking.
If I adjust the trim to get it to go straight, then after a few minutes it's tracking slightly to the left. I'll then adjust the trim slightly the other way to correct this and it will track straight again for a while, but then start to pull to the right. Basically, I'm having to adjust the trim every few minutes, either to the left or to the right, it doesn't seem to stay fixed once adjusted.

I'm thinking it might be to do with the steering arms not being the correct length from the factory, they might need adjusting possibly, but I can't find any info on what the correct length for these should be.

Has anyone got on advice on how to get the car to run straight and stay that way?

Thanks

Last edited:
Have you disconnected the servo and checked for binding? Making sure the pillow ball nuts are not too loose or too tight? That the wheels are mounted solidly and not wobbling? I’d start with that first and make sure things are smooth with the steering mechanism.

Have you disconnected the servo and checked for binding? Making sure the pillow ball nuts are not too loose or too tight? That the wheels are mounted solidly and not wobbling? I’d start with that first and make sure things are smooth with the steering mechanism.
Sounds like a good place to start, I'll give that a go - thanks

Sounds like a good place to start, I'll give that a go - thanks
Steering was binding as suggested (thanks Engineer) Think I've sorted it now - the pillow balls were binding on the front hubs (I'd adjusted them too much to remove the slop when I first got the buggy). Everything is freed up now so hopefully this should resolve the issue (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back