Typhon TYPHON 6S V5 VITAVON HUBS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/284493389634
Does anybody use these on there TYPHON V5
ive been looking for some hubs..but the HR and RCAWD don't fit.
I have them on my speedrun typhon, they're really nice

20220809_163723.jpg

20220809_163751.jpg

Is it because you are tightening the nut on the front of the hub too much? Lots of people use HR. But vitavons are very good as well. I have had both and never had issues
I’ve been running the HR on the front of my V1 limmy.. zero issues. They are more sensitive than the factory ones. I can’t speak for the vitavon ones since I don’t have them.. but if it’s anything like the bulkheads should be perfect quality
B095F168-A5E3-488F-AAEB-5ADA41C08318.jpeg

The qc on the HR units seems to be a bit hit or miss, for most people they work fine but for some they bind up. I even think there is a thread around here somewhere discussing this as well.

I have both Vitavon and HR hub carriers and found both to be great. That’s not saying that any choice might not have to be shimmed or even relieved for perfect operation. If your HR ones don’t fit then it may be because you have the Kraton version which takes a longer stub axle. Or you’re trying to use the wrong hexes.

I have both Vitavon and HR hub carriers and found both to be great. That’s not saying that any choice might not have to be shimmed or even relieved for perfect operation. If your HR ones don’t fit then it may be because you have the Kraton version which takes a longer stub axle. Or you’re trying to use the wrong hexes.
He already stated the pillow balls bind even without the retainers installed. This seems to be a common problem with the HR hubs lately.

-edit- here is one of the threads I was talking about. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...th-play-for-my-talion-exb….54930/#post-794071

Black is the HR
They bind even with no nut in it.
Many with the HR PB hubs, have stated the same. Poor CNC'ing. HR isn't all that. QC can be "Off". Vitavons all the way. I stay with Plastic stockers. I prefer the flex and lightness associated with plastic. The 4 Pivot balls themselves are quite heavy. Brings much weight to the front end. And plastic hubs are cheap to replace.
Many of the Upgrade PB hubs come with oversized Inner BB's. This is a big plus by itself. Those stocker sized inner BB's fail so easily. They were not correct for this appication. Arrma cheaped out here in regards. An issue they have never addressed for numerous years..
And Probably because changing this PB Hub design would cost a bunch to update/revise with larger Inner BB's.
He already stated the pillow balls bind even without the retainers installed. This seems to be a common problem with the HR hubs lately.

-edit- here is one of the threads I was talking about. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hot-racing-steering-block-pivot-ball-it’s-to-rough-on-it-and-stock-one-smooth-play-for-my-talion-exb….54930/#post-794071
+1

Many with the HR PB hubs, have stated the same. Poor CNC'ing. HR isn't all that. QC can be "Off". Vitavons all the way. I stay with Plastic stockers. I prefer the flex and lightness associated with plastic. And they are cheap to replace.
Many of the Upgrade PB hubs come with oversized Inner BB's. This is a big plus by itself. Those stocker sized inner BB's fail so easily. They were not correct for this appication. Arrma cheaped out here in regards. An issue they have never addressed for numerous years..
And Probably because changing this PB Hub design would cost a bunch to update/revise with larger Inner BB's.

+1

I've never had a problem with the stock plastic hubs either, I've only broken one in 5 years. They had every opportunity to fix this when they made a new mold for the hubs for the V3 cars.

I got these ones..wich are listed on HH website as an optional part
https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...rings-arrma-6s-blx-vehicles/HRAAON21MA01.html

-edit- here is one of the threads I was talking about. https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/hot-racing-steering-block-pivot-ball-it’s-to-rough-on-it-and-stock-one-smooth-play-for-my-talion-exb….54930/#post-794071
TY..yeah i even tried them again Yesterday i polished the Pivot Balls to...same thing.

Nope. Those are for the Kraton/Outcast/Notorious. You can can use them in your Typhon but you’ll have to use Kraton axles and hexes. That would widen your stance 6mm on the Typhon. Jenny’s RC will get you what You need for cheap.
Theres 2 kinds of the HR hubs...
Even on the tag these said for the Typhon..
I wish i got these online..id return em...

20221120_111653.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back