Typhon Typhon 6S Wheel Hex Stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 6s
  4. Typhon 6s
I'm trying to remove my wheel hex on my Typhon 6S in order to replace my bearings. Used a soldering iron on the grub screw, held it there for about a minute and then was able to break the loctite. However, the grub screw will keep spinning but will not loosen. It'll just turn either counterclockwise or clockwise but will not tighten or loosen. Any idea what may be causing this and how I may be able to fix it? Thanks.

I had the exact same problem, three grubs came out with persuasion, the fourth stripped so I did as Camaroboy suggested.

Thank you for your advice. I was able to hammer the pin out and remove the wheel hex. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to remove the pivot ball. I understand that all you need to do is to use a 2.5mm driver to screw it out of the a arm; however, both the upper and the lower pivot ball doesn't move when I tried to unscrew it. Am I missing something? This is a brand new Typhon 6S, never run as I'm still in the process of upgrading it. Videos below may illustrate this better.

Thank you for your advice. I was able to hammer the pin out and remove the wheel hex. Unfortunately, I don't seem to be able to remove the pivot ball. I understand that all you need to do is to use a 2.5mm driver to screw it out of the a arm; however, both the upper and the lower pivot ball doesn't move when I tried to unscrew it. Am I missing something? This is a brand new Typhon 6S, never run as I'm still in the process of upgrading it. Videos below may illustrate this better.

Try removing the red retaining nut first. I believe that’s a 4mm hex.

Leave the pivot balls be.. the more you run them in and out of the arms the weaker the thread hold will be and they will back themselves out... remove the upper hinge pin/bolt.. watch where the shims are on the pin.. should be 1 thick, 2 thin.. ?
But for future reference if removing the knuckle the way your attempting you must compress the suspension so the hex on the ball stays horizontal to the top of the knuckle.. unscrew one a little, then the other a little.. it must be walked out top to bottom, little by little or it will bind your allen against the red retainer when the knuckle becomes angled from moving outward...

Much appreciated all your help. After an additional half an hour of frustration, I found the culprit. It has nothing to do with the truck. In fact, it was due to my mediocre set of screwdrivers that decided to give up on me likely when I was trying to get the grub screw out through the wheel hex. Luckily, only damage done are cosmetic during this process. And a stark reminder that a set of hexdrivers from Amazon just won’t cut it for these 6S trucks. Thank you again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back