Typhon Typhon 6s with mc2 chassis. Upgraded servo, servo mount. Good deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
I'm paying like $473 for a used V3 Typhon. Good deal? Upgraded chassis, servo and servo mount and horn. Let me know. Thanks! Pictures :
More pictures :
Screenshot_20191023-082532_eBay.jpg

I can pick up a brand new V3 Typhon online for like $443. I have to go with a Typhon because I ordered the chassis braces, shock towers and the hub parts to add MT tires on it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191020-164941_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191020-164941_eBay.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Screenshot_20191020-101643_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191020-101643_eBay.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_20191023-082540_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-082540_eBay.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Screenshot_20191023-082550_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20191023-082550_eBay.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
IMHO, Typhon does not really need those upgrades. So they are bling only, not much value.

Chassis upgrade is more important with the MTs, Kraton and Outcast.
Really? Not even the chassis braces and shock towers? Remember, I'm going to put MT tires and bash it like I do my Outcast. I decided to go with a brand new V3 Typhon BTW. I can always return the other items too. Thanks.

I think the upgrades are fine. I’m waiting until mine need upgraded, but if I had them sitting here, I would put them on. I did upgrade the chassis braces tho. I’m waiting for M2C Typhon towers and will get the chassis, shock standoffs, rear tower brace, etc then.

I think the upgrades are fine. I’m waiting until mine need upgraded, but if I had them sitting here, I would put them on. I did upgrade the chassis braces tho. I’m waiting for M2C Typhon towers and will get the chassis, shock standoffs, rear tower brace, etc then.
Yeah the chassis is fine for me. I'll just upgrade the towers and chasis braces though.

For the Typhon, even with 2.8MT, I feel chassis braces are about all it needs. The But here is if you plan on jumping it to the moon, full SendIt style. But, full 6s SendIt, even fully upgraded, you will still break stuff.
No huge jumps on my Outcast 6s and I also have broken stuff on that one too. I did manage to bend my rear shock tower and destroyed my rear diff. Even though I don't do huge jumps yet, I do drive hard. With the help of my 3yr old son ?.

Yeah, the long arm, big tire 6s truck are much easier to break.
I kind of like the Typhon 6s a bit better than the Kraton since once truggified, I believe it can keep up with the outcast/Kraton and can beat the outcast and the Kraton if I put the normal tires, or even the truck tires during speed runs no?

Better and beat, in what way?

Faster as a speed runner? Typhon.

Harder to break on average tumbles? Typhon.

Flys like a bird, with lots of in air control? Kraton.

Floats over rough ground and thru unmoved grass? Kraton.

Lot of fun in a smaller yard or park? Granite.=)

They all have their upside.

Better and beat, in what way?

Faster as a speed runner? Typhon.

Harder to break on average tumbles? Typhon.

Flys like a bird, with lots of in air control? Kraton.

Floats over rough ground and thru unmoved grass? Kraton.

Lot of fun in a smaller yard or park? Granite.=)

They all have their upside.
And maybe get the rumored upgraded huge Kraton in the future ?. That way I have all the upsides.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back