Typhon 6s with outcast suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjon77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
?
Im new here and just buy the typhon v4 2019 with a tactic TX(change from the seller from spec to tactic) my question is if i can fit a outcast suspension on my typhon?
Some1 make this change?
Is it’s will be better?
Thanks a lot?

Yes, you can. Needs lots of parts, though.
Arms
Wide hubs
Wide hex
Full axle set
Shocks
Shock towers
43t/13t diffs (if you plan on 3.8MT tires)
Look to the Ebay kit breakers like *jrc* or Lumidave35 and others for a project like this.

Welcome to the Arrma Fam!

I hate to answer a question with another question, but....

Why??? ??‍♂️
This^

A Typhon with Outcast suspension is an Outcast.

Welcome to the Arrma Fam!

I hate to answer a question with another question, but....

Why??? ??‍♂️
This^

A Typhon with Outcast suspension is an Outcast.
Likely bought the Typhon thinking it was brawny enough for his given terrain. Looking at one on the shelf easily gives that impression to someone new to the hobby. Realized he wants more ground clearance but can't justify buying a new truck. Happens to many the first time around (me). Now comes time to do the math and make hard decisions (my calculator was broken).

Likely bought the Typhon thinking it was brawny enough for his given terrain. Looking at one on the shelf easily gives that impression to someone new to the hobby. Realized he wants more ground clearance but can't justify buying a new truck. Happens to many the first time around (me). Now comes time to do the math and make hard decisions (my calculator was broken).
If that’s the case, and you are probably spot on, I would just buy another rig. By the time you buy all the parts needed, you’re likely more than half the way to a new 2018 OC V3, eh?

T
If that’s the case, and you are probably spot on, I would just buy another rig. By the time you buy all the parts needed, you’re likely more than half the way to a new 2018 OC V3, eh?
That's why they come here to ask. Now @ronjon77 has the info needed to make his next decision. Hold, modify or purchase. Never an easy choice

T
That's why they come here to ask. Now @ronjon77 has the info needed to make his next decision. Hold, modify or purchase. Never an easy choice
I think it's cost prohibitive once you add everything up. Now switching between a Kraton and a Notorious/Outcast is super easy, but the Typhon/Outcast conversion is not.

Also, this is why so many people do the wide mod truggify on the typhon. This is a shortcut- just wide axles, hex and hubs, then run 2.8MT tires. Helps the typhon hugely with bashing, and still retains some of its buggie-ness.

And this is also why I tell people to buy a Kraton instead of a typhon, unless you have a track to run at...

Also, this is why so many people do the wide mod truggify on the typhon. This is a shortcut- just wide axles, hex and hubs, then run 2.8MT tires. Helps the typhon hugely with bashing, and still retains some of its buggie-ness.

And this is also why I tell people to buy a Kraton instead of a typhon, unless you have a track to run at...
Excellent point. My truggified Typhon has a lot of the Outcast driving characteristics. It flips so easily in the air.

Yes, you can. Needs lots of parts, though.
Arms
Wide hubs
Wide hex
Full axle set
Shocks
Shock towers
43t/13t diffs (if you plan on 3.8MT tires)
Look to the Ebay kit breakers like *jrc* or Lumidave35 and others for a project like this.
Thanks you all guys a lot of information to ? ???
Thanks you all guys a lot of information to ? ???
4B14E1D6-8A48-432B-8AF3-B07F5DE4948E.png
4B14E1D6-8A48-432B-8AF3-B07F5DE4948E.png

That’s 1 i saw in some park but i dident talk to him and now what he do?
Same one!
52BF7A4A-2DD3-4AC3-A3CA-A88CCB2BFFCC.jpeg

Last edited:
Almost finished with mine... did the full conversation with kraton axles, hubs, hexes, ect... just got the 2.8 badlands today... super stoked. Waiting on a fan for the esc to run it.

Attachments

• 15712671425481935805015182599081.jpg
    15712671425481935805015182599081.jpg
    320.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 15712671725067243340111170714645.jpg
    15712671725067243340111170714645.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 58
Almost finished with mine... did the full conversation with kraton axles, hubs, hexes, ect... just got the 2.8 badlands today... super stoked. Waiting on a fan for the esc to run it.
Hi can you give me the serial number of al part exchange i want to do same thing!!

Wow graet work???but its look like she is roll over very quickly!!

I have the typhon v4 so,far I have a set of,notorious front and rear a arms upper and lower I need front and rear tie rods I have the outcast dog bone kit from jennys im hoping to be able to use the typhon hubs and what shocks will I need is there any other parts I will need
Thank for any help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back