Typhon typhon 6s with Pro-Line Badlands MX28 Belted 2.8 are they worth it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clansman nz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me if the

Pro-Line Badlands MX28 Belted 2.8 are worth the money.​

have put the kraton hubs on and using badland buggy tires.do these make it handle better or is it more if you want to black flip while jumping.

I'd say no. I've seen a few people on here complain that the 17mm removable hexes break a lot and if you were to buy these Raid rims, you'll probably end up investing in the aluminium hex hop ups for the them which are ridiculously expensive

The idea of the belted tyres is that they do not balloon anywhere near as much as non-belted tyres would, so they'll be less likely to pull themselves from the rim. You'll also have increased stability at higher speeds but will really only benefit from that when on level surfaces. They'll actually be even harder to backflip - they'll have a lower rotational mass as opposed to non-belted tyres because they don't expand as much

I've used the much cheaper Pro-Line Badlands MX Mach 10s on my Typhon 3S and they've been pretty good so far

Last edited:
I'd say no. I've seen a few people on here complain that the 17mm removable hexes break a lot and if you were to buy these Raid rims, you'll probably end up investing in the aluminium hex hop ups for the them which are ridiculously expensive

The idea of the belted tyres is that they do not balloon anywhere near as much as non-belted tyres would, so they'll be less likely to pull themselves from the rim. You'll also have increased stability at higher speeds but will really only benefit from that when on level surfaces. They'll actually be even harder to backflip - they'll have a lower rotational mass as opposed to non-belted tyres because they don't expand as much

I've used the much cheaper Pro-Line Badlands MX Mach 10s on my Typhon 3S and they've been pretty good so far
thanks for the reply.
your right about those aluminium hex's.why so expensive.

I can't say for the 6s typhon, but I am running them on a converted mega typhon with a 4s TC system in it and i was getting backflips very easily today while maybe 10ft in the air. They make my typhon handle fantastic. I will know more as soon as the weather gets nice and I finish my spare parts 6s typhon build because I plan on running them on it. The aluminum hexes are definitely horribly expensive but the plastics aren't. I have a few sets of spares just in case because they are super cheap insurance. I haven't stripped/broken one yet.

Mx28 are great tires i owned 2 sets but you have to wrap them 2x with fishing line.

This is what i installed on my 6s typhon use stock pins they are tighter then booty cheeks but also takes tire slop away, they give clearence you need and they are wider

Not sure if you can see how much wider they are

AECB277B-9A08-46B8-A0B7-0DAB84C903F6.png

261A796B-BFF1-41C1-8913-DC8070286DA1.jpeg

On 4s probably not worth it, but on 6s yes, I think it would handle better. The added width and lack of ballooning would help quite a bit generating grip at higher speeds over the buggy badlands. You already installed the Kraton hubs, might as well complete the truggification. Rich Duperbash runs that setup and while he probably does crack rims and hubs on occasion he’s pretty extreme on his cars. Its his favorite basher and that says quite a bit coming from him.

Mx28 are great tires i owned 2 sets but you have to wrap them 2x with fishing line.

This is what i installed on my 6s typhon use stock pins they are tighter then booty cheeks but also takes tire slop away, they give clearence you need and they are wider

View attachment 210470

View attachment 210472
That is one sexy typhon.

View attachment 210470

View attachment 210472
thats a awesome looking typhon.

thanks for all the feedback.
this is my 1st 6s rig.had all the 3s line so it was time to step it up.
only running 4s at the moment for off road and done a couple 6s runs on the street with hoons.
loving the power and it handles so much better.

thanks for all the feedback.
this is my 1st 6s rig.had all the 3s line so it was time to step it up.
only running 4s at the moment for off road and done a couple 6s runs on the street with hoons.
loving the power and it handles so much better.
Im 8s but still practicing on level 4s 😆its insane on 4s and gearing i run

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back