Typhon Typhon 8s conversion w/pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr.duke is there any other buggy body options out there for typhons???.

And how the hell did you get 4s packs under that body in stock location????????
I don’t know if there are any alternative bodies out there that would be a direct fit. I’m a big fan of the stock Typhon body so I was determined to make it fit without compromise. I also didn’t do myself any favors by using the infraction towers either which lower the rear body posts even more. Once I got the idea in my head to make 8s fit under the stock body I wouldn’t let it go until I figured out a way.
18B1165F-E432-4C68-AC7A-8FB324008231.png

I didn’t like how close the inside pack sat to the 34t spur so I abandoned the idea.
BFA2C788-CD91-40AC-9EDB-EA5968F12C56.png

The project was more or less just a challenge to myself to see if I could do it.

Liberty tell me about that huge leopard????what are your thoughts on it???surely it doesn't come with 4mm motor leads an 3mm motor mount holes like the 40mm leopards????
Leopard 5692 (1340kv)
6mm bullets
8mm shaft
mounting holes 30mm apart with m4 screws
4-pole motor y-wind

It was amazingly smooth take off with almost no cogging.
Not sure about top speed as I never ran it above 60-70mph.

Not sure if it would compare to a TP Power motor but it was very nice.

I don’t know if there are any alternative bodies out there that would be a direct fit. I’m a big fan of the stock Typhon body so I was determined to make it fit without compromise. I also didn’t do myself any favors by using the infraction towers either which lower the rear body posts even more. Once I got the idea in my head to make 8s fit under the stock body I wouldn’t let it go until I figured out a way.
View attachment 151122
I didn’t like how close the inside pack sat to the 34t spur so I abandoned the idea.
View attachment 151123
The project was more or less just a challenge to myself to see if I could do it.
My take===you are very patient,an pay very close attention to detail and it shows....very nice typhon an your VADER TYPHON will always be the best looking typhon ive seen ,thanks for the inspiration brother..

You guys just keep goading me on... replacing the 1515 with a fresh 1717 1650 and a brand spanking new MMX8. No runs on the 1515 🤨
My take===you are very patient,an pay very close attention to detail and it shows....very nice typhon an your VADER TYPHON will always be the best looking typhon ive seen ,thanks for the inspiration brother..
➕1 on the Vader typhon.. that was a piece of art

I think I am going to go 8s also. Already running 1520/1650 with MMX8S.

View attachment 151163
Nice Typhon!

I see a lot of people running the Limitless/Infraction front splitter, is that a direct bolt on to the K6 or Typhon 6s chassis??? (any pics of the bottom)

You guys just keep goading me on... replacing the 1515 with a fresh 1717 1650 and a brand spanking new MMX8. No runs on the 1515 🤨

➕1 on the Vader typhon.. that was a piece of art
Lmao this forum and the threads will hurt your wallet quik....mmx8s & 1717..you'll be blown away at performance on 8s...post a pic of that BADAZZ typhon you've been putting together..another sweet looking typhon indeed..
Has anyone had any blow-overs or lift with there typhons at high-speed????????just wondering why so many are going to the splitters

Last edited:
Lmao this forum and the threads will hurt your wallet quik....mmx8s & 1717..you'll be blown away at performance on 8s...post a pic of that BADAZZ typhon you've been putting together..another sweet looking typhon indeed..
Has anyone had any blow-overs or lift with there typhons at high-speed????????just wondering why so many are going to the splitters
Only gonna be brave on 6s to get my feet wet.

Wow I see another of the stretched typhons. The all black is so nice, wow
Its on mojave chassis. Hungry for a PB.JUST GOT DONE RUNNING IT,KEEP DE-SODERING wires. Been pulling 450ish amps on last pulls..10 runs with 2 typhons an best today 138mph so far🤣😂🤣

20210613_084345.jpg

Thread '130mph+++ stretched typhon SPEEDRUN build' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/130mph-stretched-typhon-speedrun-build.38711/
Heres thread on car.still getting used to the power...its a torque,mph monster

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back