Typhon Typhon battery size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well then... here is the deal yes maxampsare awesome batteries however there is no diffrence in the 6000mah 3s 100c maxamps my buddy has and my 7200mah 70c spc racing lipos yes you have to use traxxas or dean's or be able to solder them. my spc batteries are just as good as his maxamps. and for what he paid I can have 4 spc and run all day while you charge your expensive batteries I will be out woopin on my car. I've ran both several times in my xmaxx and my kraton. if your hard core racer then I would say Maxx amps but if your just playing and having fun then go cheaper read reviews ask questions. I have several different batteries from several manufacturers for different cars. I use cheap reaction lipos in my halix and slash, duratrax onyx in my Nero, spc smc in Maxx and kraton and typhoon, a couple leftover traxxas batteries, a lectron, I'm sure some others. they are different "c" ratings and mahs for different rigs. they all work some are better or nicer or have flames on them... flames and big $$$$$ does not make them better sometimes just more expensive to replace. if your not racing then just buy decent lipos and a gooder charger. Balance charge, storage charge..... ect ect ect...

Josh,

For sure. Everything works different for everybody. Just my experience having used a decent number of batteries in different types of rigs, air, surface, even submarines! :eek: That being said, I compare it to a salad! The better ingredients you use, The better the final result. I don't have a lot of free time, and if a battery runs a bit stronger, a bit longer (based on what ive seen) its worth spending the extra bucks on. The construction, materials, its just a nicer finished product. Also, their customer service is incredible. They will take care of you. However - your points are well taken. I'm Just speaking on my personal experiences on doing speed runs with my typhon; I've noticed the difference with the true (120c) punch this battery gives me. Bottom line, its more money - but it was assembled specifically for this vehicle in terms of dimensions and power. :)

race = maxamps
Yes it is very difficult to remove the 14T pinion from the motor shaft. I was just going to purchase a pinion removal tool before I found something suitable to be used as a lever to remove it. It took me about an hour to remove the grub screw and the pinion and install the 16T one. I think I didn't damage the 14T pinion at all, but after running 16T I don't think I'd go back to using 14T :p
the 16 got me 61mph with badlands and 2 5400mah duratrax onyx 3s 50c lipos and it was quick as heck still. juse put a spektrum AVC rx in it and added a motor fan. I am back on 14 tooth but think I will go to 15, I don't need to go that fast where I run, and much faster it will be an airplane when I launch it.

well then... here is the deal yes maxampsare awesome batteries however there is no diffrence in the 6000mah 3s 100c maxamps my buddy has and my 7200mah 70c spc racing lipos yes you have to use traxxas or dean's or be able to solder them. my spc batteries are just as good as his maxamps. and for what he paid I can have 4 spc and run all day while you charge your expensive batteries I will be out woopin on my car. I've ran both several times in my xmaxx and my kraton. if your hard core racer then I would say Maxx amps but if your just playing and having fun then go cheaper read reviews ask questions. I have several different batteries from several manufacturers for different cars. I use cheap reaction lipos in my halix and slash, duratrax onyx in my Nero, spc smc in Maxx and kraton and typhoon, a couple leftover traxxas batteries, a lectron, I'm sure some others. they are different "c" ratings and mahs for different rigs. they all work some are better or nicer or have flames on them... flames and big $$$$$ does not make them better sometimes just more expensive to replace. if your not racing then just buy decent lipos and a gooder charger. Balance charge, storage charge..... ect ect ect...

BTW, SPC is gone, out of the business. There is a thread on it over at URC.
For quality budget Lipos, with the connector of your choosing, head over to SMC Racing. They only list EC3/EC5/Traxxas/Deans, but if you put a request for another connector in the notes for your order, they will make it happen. Well, at least they will ad a XT90. IDK about others...

You sir are correct... well then. SMC better get it together. and yes if you ask they will solder xt90, even if you don't see it offered for a battery add in comments that you want xt90 and they will do it. SMC it is.

Screenshot_20161025-103922.png

BTW, SPC is gone, out of the business. There is a thread on it over at URC.
For quality budget Lipos, with the connector of your choosing, head over to SMC Racing. They only list EC3/EC5/Traxxas/Deans, but if you put a request for another connector in the notes for your order, they will make it happen. Well, at least they will ad a XT90. IDK about others...
On monday i just ordered their factory spec smc 6700mah lipo. In their drop down box for connector change it now list xt90 as an option. I should get mine tomorrow. Just my 2 cents.

I have no doubt maxamps are good batteries. But its price is the killer. Personally I would buy it only if they guarantee twice the battery life, twice the performance, and twice the fun since they are priced at about 2x the price of my batteries. And on the top speed, would be nice if they published "estimated" top speed for each RC model they mentioned on the website using their batteries, rather than just saying 'Best top speed pack' ...who knows, the difference could just be 1-2 mph than other leading batteries :D

Just got my hands on a new Typhon 6s V4 last night. I was also searching for what battery will fit. Waiting on some SMC 6s 5000mah. Will post back how they fit. I have an SMC true spec DV 6500mah that fits perfect. Just passing the info on.

Just received my SMC true spec premium 6s 5000mah batteries. They are the same size as my SMC 6500mah DV battery. Exact fit no extra room height and width wise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back