Typhon/big rock arms on a granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
I know a lot of folks upgrade their granites With typhon arms, driveshafts and 17 mm hex hubs. Does it also work to install the wider typhon/big rock arms on the granite without using the typhon drive shafts and 17 mm hex?

Looking at my wife’s big rock i see that the driveshafts and hex are the same as the ones on my granite. So before I try it, I’m just curious if it’s feasible with the granite. Also curious if the wider arms break more often during jumping? My wifes big rock seems to be durable…but she does not send it like I do the granite.

Thanks guys!

YES. The drive shaft part number is the same on the Senton, Big Rock, Granite, and the 17mm is just icing on the cake. For a wider Granite Mega and/or 3s, you need the Typhon or Big Rock A-Arms, and you'll need the wider tie rods as the stock Granite tie rods are too short even on the 3s adjustable ones.

I have all the wider stuff on my wife's Granite and she jumps our little back yard jump and hasn't broken anything. As with the comments in the other "wide set up" threads going, it does change the handling, and it does make the front and rear droop more than stock. You will need more preload on your shocks or slightly longer shocks. Putting a set of REAR Big Rock spares I had on the FRONT of my wifes Granite after the conversion really made it handle awesome as the 115 mm length helps hold the front up. I left the rears stock and just upped the preload.

Edit to add; Looking at the 3 piece tie rods, you could save some coin IF you already have the Granite 3s with the adjustable 3 piece ones. The parts PDF shows the ONLY difference in the Big Rock vs the Granite and Senton is the center metal adjustable threaded piece. Granite 3s part number AR330535 vs the longer threaded shaft of the Big Rock's of AR330542.

Last edited:
YES. The drive shaft part number is the same on the Senton, Big Rock, Granite, and the 17mm is just icing on the cake. For a wider Granite Mega and/or 3s, you need the Typhon or Big Rock A-Arms, and you'll need the wider tie rods as the stock Granite tie rods are too short even on the 3s adjustable ones.

I have all the wider stuff on my wife's Granite and she jumps our little back yard jump and hasn't broken anything. As with the comments in the other "wide set up" threads going, it does change the handling, and it does make the front and rear droop more than stock. You will need more preload on your shocks or slightly longer shocks. Putting a set of REAR Big Rock spares I had on the FRONT of my wifes Granite after the conversion really made it handle awesome as the 115 mm length helps hold the front up. I left the rears stock and just upped the preload.

Edit to add; Looking at the 3 piece tie rods, you could save some coin IF you already have the Granite 3s with the adjustable 3 piece ones. The parts PDF shows the ONLY difference in the Big Rock vs the Granite and Senton is the center metal adjustable threaded piece. Granite 3s part number AR330535 vs the longer threaded shaft of the Big Rock's of AR330542.
Thanks! I have a couple sets of extra big rock/typhon arms and also a set tie rods. I’m running 6s Kraton/Mojave shocks on my granite.

I was just wondering how the shocks would work with the longer arms, so thanks for mentioning that. I’ll try it, I can always pull it back apart and put it back together again with the granite parts if I don’t like it.

Much appreciated! Thank you!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back