Typhon Typhon blx 6s suddenly losing steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creator4983

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hello guys, this evening i was racing my typhon on the local track and the first battery run went well. On the second ride after a while, suddenly steering went dead. I checked the radio box and the plug was there, so its not a connection failure. What went wrong?. Could be something with esc programming?. Throttle works well.
Im using a futaba radio with a futaba receiver because i didn't like the spectrum radio much.
Any ideas?. There were no smoke or something similar so i think that electronically nothing burned.
Thanks in advance!!

I mean, does it turn fine today? Have you checked?

I’d double check all connections. If you have a spare servo, plug it in (don’t have to install it) and see if it works. Same with receiver, you can try your old Spektrum receiver.

It could be as simple as replacing the servo. Good luck.

Side note. Nice to see another Typhon track racer. ??

I just noticed it at the track and take it all home. Here i checked again, but there is no response from the servo. It's strange. As i don't have right now another servo will try to check the other receiver but seems unlikely. Is the servo covered by warranty?. If not i wiill need to source another.
Thanks!

Thanks all for the replies. Checked today with the spektrum receiver and throttle works as well, but no steering, so seems that the servo is gone. I think that tomorrow will phone the store when i bought the car and tell them how to proceed to replace the servo. I think there should be no problem. In the meantime i will look for a replacement just in case it happens again not getting me out, because i miss my race out of the weekends :).
@unclebrudy: Do you also use the typhon on the track?. Good to know another track racer with typhon for exchanging tips.

Thanks all for the replies. Checked today with the spektrum receiver and throttle works as well, but no steering, so seems that the servo is gone. I think that tomorrow will phone the store when i bought the car and tell them how to proceed to replace the servo. I think there should be no problem. In the meantime i will look for a replacement just in case it happens again not getting me out, because i miss my race out of the weekends :).
@unclebrudy: Do you also use the typhon on the track?. Good to know another track racer with typhon for exchanging tips.
I do! Indoor and outdoor clay. It was hellacious and challenging getting the Typhon track ready but it was very fun and satisfying.

If you’d like to exchange tips send me a message!

FEC12461-B1B7-4A99-AE80-7220C46E3D8C.jpeg

Ok, just got myself a new servo while i claim warranty on the broken one. The problem i have now is that the new servo doesn'fit in the servo tray. It's only millimeters, but it don't fit. Any suggestions?. The servo i tried is a savox sw-0231mg

Ok, just got myself a new servo while i claim warranty on the broken one. The problem i have now is that the new servo doesn'fit in the servo tray. It's only millimeters, but it don't fit. Any suggestions?. The servo i tried is a savox sw-0231mg
Use some shims or washers to raise it up

Thanks for the tip. The problem wasn't height, as it is even millimeters taller than the original. The problem was that inserting into the tray was too tight that i neded to apply pressure in order to fitn in. Now it is ready and in place but i needed to disassemble the tray in order to get some space for getting it into. Servo has better response than the factory assembled so i thing it would be good. Will try out today at the local track.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back