Typhon Typhon Diff Oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainsick67

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
First off i most likely will be using the 21t or 22t pinion, what diff oils do you guys/gals recommend? I just have stock...i just drive it up and down the street.

ALSO how do i even get to them? Thanks alot.

Theres a youtube video that shows how to access the front and rear diffs. Just type in Arrma typhon diff removal. Should pop right up. The center diff is pretty easy. Four screws directly below it. As far as what weight to use, im going to go with 100k in the center and 50k front and rear. Theres another guy on here that runs that setup too.

Theres a youtube video that shows how to access the front and rear diffs. Just type in Arrma typhon diff removal. Should pop right up. The center diff is pretty easy. Four screws directly below it. As far as what weight to use, im going to go with 100k in the center and 50k front and rear. Theres another guy on here that runs that setup too.
Isit yhe Arrma 1/8th and Senton front and rear diff removal? Thanks...I will look into those, will the thicker weight slow down the car?

Yep, thats the video. No it wont slow it down. It will affect how the power is distributed to the wheels and also affect steering depending on the weight of oil you use.

Yep, thats the video. No it wont slow it down. It will affect how the power is distributed to the wheels and also affect steering depending on the weight of oil you use.
Thanks alot, ok lets hopeni can do it..lol..i will try what you mentioned.

Its easy. Once you get the first diff out, its a breeze. Take your time and take pictures as you take it apart, so if you forget something you can always go back and check the pics.

Its easy. Once you get the first diff out, its a breeze. Take your time and take pictures as you take it apart, so if you forget something you can always go back and check the pics.
Thanks....thats a good idea.

Just an update, i put 60k in Front/Rear, and 100k in Center...no more noise...also the diffs werent even filled..hmmmmm

Just an update, i put 60k in Front/Rear, and 100k in Center...no more noise...also the diffs werent even filled..hmmmmm
Whaaaaaa ..... I got mine yesterday ... You saying they are empty? Oh wait they have grease in there prob? right?

What noise?

Attachments

• IMG_1035.JPG
    IMG_1035.JPG
    199.9 KB · Views: 158
Whaaaaaa ..... I got mine yesterday ... You saying they are empty? Oh wait they have grease in there prob? right?

What noise?
Congrats, yea it looks like grease, im not sure though, same with my Kraton, i have a vid a posted of it, it was lake a howling sound, but its gone now.TY

Congrats, yea it looks like grease, im not sure though, same with my Kraton, i have a vid a posted of it, it was lake a howling sound, but its gone now.TY

I too have just gone the 50k/100k/50k route and cant believe how much quieter the car is just pushing it along the floor now! there really wasnt much oil in the diffs at all compared to now so i'm glad I replaced it while its all still relatively new. Poor show from Arrma that with something so important. I'm just awaiting some replacement stainless steel screws now as some of the cheap stock ones rounded trying to break them free from over excessive use of loctite :mad:

I too have just gone the 50k/100k/50k route and cant believe how much quieter the car is just pushing it along the floor now! there really wasnt much oil in the diffs at all compared to now so i'm glad I replaced it while its all still relatively new. Poor show from Arrma that with something so important. I'm just awaiting some replacement stainless steel screws now as some of the cheap stock ones rounded trying to break them free from over excessive use of loctite :mad:
Yea its a shame they cheap out..glad it worked for you, mine sounds dufferent to..on the Kraton i did 100/500/100.

I noticed the same thing in my Kraton and Outcast. They were about half full, but I took care of that. Woodie posted this in another thread and it's one of those very useful guides to follow depending on how you drive your R/Cs. I went with F- 60K C-100K and stock in the rear. As soon as I get out to try it I may go 10 -20K in the rear. I have to pull the rear diffs in both to shim anyway...

diff-oil-explained.jpg

I just bought some 100k diff fluid last month. Still haven't taken my Typhon apart yet. Eventually going to break the diffs down and put oil in them. Still cold and kind of snowy here in Wisconsin, so I've got time. I'm putting 100k in the center. Not sure if i'm going to go with 50k in the front and rear or try 30k. Going to have to experiment.

Can someone explain why racers are running lighter than stock oil and bashers are running massively heavier than stock oil? What attributes are each looking for from this? The division of weight front centre and rear appears to follow the same rough trend but the weight is massively different.
How would a car running say 100k centre 60k front 30k rear compare to one running 10k centre 6k front 3k rear?

More so depends on what kind of surface the track they are racing on has. Is it a hard pack track thats kind of slick or a loose loamy track. Those are some factors that determine what kind ofndiff oil racers use. When i raced i always used lighter oil in the rear so that i could easily break traction in the rear and slide through corners. As far as bashing, i want to have the power evenly distributed to the front and rear wheels, so i use 100k in the center. As far as turning, depending on how i feel like driving will determine if i go heavier or lighter in the front and the rear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back