Typhon Typhon Finally Arrived!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bmansdad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
  3. 4x4-Mega
Moving up from the "Modified Mega 4x4 2-3S Brushless" category in to the 6S game (though I'm sticking with 4S, my driving skills really do kinda suck). Anxious for batteries to arrive so I can give this thing a run. Knowing the servo actually holds up pretty well on this due to its weight/tire size, is there anything else that should be done right out of the box? Is the Diff Shimming required as is with the Typhons bigger brothers (Talion and Kraton)?

Attachments

• IMG_3415.jpg
    IMG_3415.jpg
    391.6 KB · Views: 70
You don't have to bother with the diff shimming. I didn't even shim my truggified Typhon's diffs & never had a problem. It runs 2.8 Trencher & Badlands mx28s. The only thing I did with my V3 was replace the shock caps. I blew the plastic junkers on some simple short jumps. The aluminums caps from the V2 fit with a little modification.

You don't have to bother with the diff shimming. I didn't even shim my truggified Typhon's diffs & never had a problem. It runs 2.8 Trencher & Badlands mx28s. The only thing I did with my V3 was replace the shock caps. I blew the plastic junkers on some simple short jumps. The aluminums caps from the V2 fit with a little modification.

Exactly, have said it all along. This is the forum with the most over hyped shim upgrade, mod, its beyond ridiculous.

If one thing will make them super strong, is CNC diff housings. I have no need yet on my Talion, but on 1/5th Losi it does make a difference.

Congrats on the Typhon! I was thinking of getting a Talion next but now I'm thinking more about getting a Typhon and truggifying it.
3 days after I got the Typhon, I won a Talion in a Waffle.... Finding they both have their special place in my heart. LOL..

Thats awesome, those are my two favorite platforms.

My only strikes of good luck are from dumpster diving and CL finds, lol...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back