Typhon Typhon Front bumper recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALex38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have a typhon 6s v2 I recently bought from someone. I’m kinda a newbie still and wanted a strong protective front bumper. I narrowed it down to the rpm and tbone front bumper. Any opinions on which to go with?

Last edited:
Either one works well, pick the one you like the best based on looks.
From the looks alone it seems like the tbone is bigger. Like covers more of the front? But YouTube video review of both says rpm is stronger of the 2.

The Tbone I have on my Noto cracked. And I feel it puts undue stress more to the bulkhead on impact.
In retrospect now I would want to try the RPM.

The Tbone look nicer and that is about it, the tbones just seem to break easier than the Rpm, I've broken 4 of the Tbone but only 1 Rpm and the screws try to pull through the bottom of the Tbone bumpers.

this - if you do decide to go with the Arrma bumper, be aware that you have to source fastener hardware separately
I’m leaning toward rpm bumper atm. Any reason to go with this super basher bumper?

I’m leaning toward rpm bumper atm. Any reason to go with this super basher bumper?

it’s just another option that you can consider ... here’s some comparison pictures between it and the RPM:

2EE351CF-01FF-48EC-9E0A-77373CBB9E7A.jpeg

5FAAB995-416D-41B5-8895-86EC03EA781D.jpeg

I used the smaller Tbone Typhon bumper on the 6s Kraton and Outcast.

curious... how come NONE of the bumpers cover the front wheels, components most susceptible to damage in a head-on the crash?
are there any models that do?

I have been looking for months myself for my Kraton 6s/ I hit a curb and realized I had to do something. I’ve gone online and searched the forum trying every combo of key words and nothing. I found what I want at T-bone racing. They’re TBR XV4 but not wide enough so I went to Lowe’s and Home Depot and got a few 3 foot 3/8” solid aluminum rods (not tubes, they bend way too easy) and bent the ends a little so it looks better. Drill some holes and screw them to the bracket from the XV4. I think I got 2 of the 3 foot sections for like $20. I posted photos from the T-bone website.

61D15185-040B-4B2E-B10A-B665449C18E8.png

97B4ABCD-F95C-48EB-9112-5490B9C8A568.png

Arrma super bash bumper with 3DRC's upper mount, tough as nails... his 6s wing mount is awesome too, I have the high profile (same height as Kraton) and I dare say its unbreakable, its taken at least half a dozen 10ft+ pogo-stick landings and its still going strong!!

Back