Typhon Typhon Front bumper recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ALex38

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I have a typhon 6s v2 I recently bought from someone. I’m kinda a newbie still and wanted a strong protective front bumper. I narrowed it down to the rpm and tbone front bumper. Any opinions on which to go with?

Last edited:
Wider front bumper to save my tires, axles and A-arms
I’m sorry if the thread I posted went through I’m ?still learning how forums work. I searched and looked everywhere for a wider front bumper but no luck so I made something along the lines of what I wrote about on 10/7..it’s 18” wide, the same width as the Kraton 6 out of aluminum. I hope someone with the knowledge, time, and machine shop sees it and makes money. I truly believe we all need a front bumper to save us from hitting something at 50 mph with our tires.

80D73891-3557-4B0C-9818-594FA2EBC87B.jpeg

583485BC-2525-47BF-9198-DFA16460D9C5.jpeg

Wider front bumper to save my tires, axles and A-arms
I’m sorry if the thread I posted went through I’m ?still learning how forums work. I searched and looked everywhere for a wider front bumper but no luck so I made something along the lines of what I wrote about on 10/7..it’s 18” wide, the same width as the Kraton 6 out of aluminum. I hope someone with the knowledge, time, and machine shop sees it and makes money. I truly believe we all need a front bumper to save us from hitting something at 50 mph with our tires.

View attachment 177118

View attachment 177119
This is a joke right???:ROFLMAO:

I don't think that will work. :unsure:
Just me.
I think the best option is better driving, so you don't hit things at 50MPH.;)

Practice more where there are no obstacles. Maybe run on 3s until you master the Radio better?

Or just leave it on the shelf, so it won't break?? IDK.

I have a typhon 6s v2 I recently bought from someone. I’m kinda a newbie still and wanted a strong protective front bumper. I narrowed it down to the rpm and tbone front bumper. Any opinions on which to go with?
you only need a bumper if your going to crash. if you have as much skill as i do (basically a god at jumping my rc car) id say take it off for weight reduction🤪🤪🤪🤪

you only need a bumper if your going to crash. if you have as much skill as i do (basically a god at jumping my rc car) id say take it off for weight reduction🤪🤪🤪🤪
Just me.

Practice more where there are no obstacles. Maybe run on 3s until you master the Radio better?

Or just leave it on the shelf, so it won't break??
Just me.

Just me.

Just me.

Just me.

I don’t have anywhere to use it that doesn’t have obstacles. If I had a wide open sand pit I wouldn’t even worry about it. It doesn’t matter though. I’m getting nothing but negative comments. My driving is fine it might not be professional level but if you’ve never hit anything then you have some magic powers. Anyways, “god at jumping” his rc car and everyone else… I’m not going to be a member anymore. Call me thin skinned but I thought this was supposed to be a positive forum. Not a ‘gang up and pick in the new guy” forum. I’m going to figure out how to delete myself so you want have to read anymore of my posts.

Sorry to see you go but if you don't think that the picture with rubber bands is funny you are missing out.

Snarky comments are just that.
I use a standard bumper, it's a must have.
What you show would not work well due to the size, all that leverage centered around the middle will cause more damage. At 50 no bumper will safe you but you still want to influence the damage to occur at the cheapest point.

Last edited:
I don’t have anywhere to use it that doesn’t have obstacles. If I had a wide open sand pit I wouldn’t even worry about it. It doesn’t matter though. I’m getting nothing but negative comments. My driving is fine it might not be professional level but if you’ve never hit anything then you have some magic powers. Anyways, “god at jumping” his rc car and everyone else… I’m not going to be a member anymore. Call me thin skinned but I thought this was supposed to be a positive forum. Not a ‘gang up and pick in the new guy” forum. I’m going to figure out how to delete myself so you want have to read anymore of my posts.
Cameron and Steve were just busting your balls. I looked through here and didn't see any negative comments just some constructive criticism and a few guys making some jokes.

Remember don't take life so seriously. You will never get out alive.
Sorry to see you go but if you don't think that the picture with rubber bands is funny you are missing out.

Snarky comments are just that.
I use a standard bumper, it's a must have.
What you show wod not work well due to the size, all that leverage centered around the middle will cause more damage. At 50 no bumper will safe you but you still want to influence the damage to occur at the cheapest point.

That's the weird part, he even posted making fun of himself 🤷‍♂️

maybe some Bungee cords instead? 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

@ButtersCski it is creative and looks nice. Just perhaps better suited on a Crawler Rig. Looks scale and all. Just not for bashing. Not realistic protection.
If you have unavoidable obstacles where you bash, it is just realistic to develope better driving skills. Run on 3s/4s for smaller areas. We all do this. No reason to beat up a powerful rig in a small confined space. There's nothing out there to protect a 15 pound rig going 50 mph from hitting obstacles without damage.
Take it light. No one is hating here. Constructive criticism is part of life. Accepting it can help you more. Why run from it.
Enjoy.

Edited.

Last edited:
@ALex38, it is creative and looks nice. Just perhaps better suited on a Crawler Rig. Looks scale and all. Just not for bashing. Not realistic protection.
If you have unavoidable obstacles where you bash, it is just realistic to develope better driving skills. Run on 3s/4s for smaller areas. We all do this. No reason to beat up a powerful rig in a small confined space. There's nothing out there to protect a 15 pound rig going 50 mph from hitting obstacles without damage.
Take it light. No one is hating here. Constructive criticism is part of life. Accepting it can help you more. Why run from it.
Enjoy.
Alex38?

Oh man, yea dude ☝ u see my banners. Hospitality award. I'm lots of things but not mean without reason. My bad I thought u were joking with the rubber bands. If it thought otherwise ida just turned it into a learning thing. I apologize and don't LEAVE. Even if folks were being mean its no reason for into take off bud. Which they werent on purpose. I feel confident in that. This is a great place. And its helped me tremendously. I would never block others from that same help. Hence the hospitality award.

@44Dan44 it is creative and looks nice. Just perhaps better suited on a Crawler Rig. Looks scale and all. Just not for bashing. Not realistic protection.
Enjoy.

Edited.
Not me, I'm just one of the jokesters.

Then the jokes on me.:(
:ROFLMAO:Because I was never joking. Just being honest.

im sorry sir i was just trying to make a joke as anyone who has been i this excellent forum for a while will know.. im an idiot who is makes superiority jokes because thats just how i joke around with my age group. please don't take your anger for me out on this forum the people here are actually very kind people.

Back