Typhon Typhon Gen 1 Input gear problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlargBlarg

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I recently decided to restore my older gen 1 Typhon that I knew had a few issues. While tearing apart the rear diff I noticed that the rear input gear had snapped a couple of teeth off. Easy enough fix, I guessed.
Let's just order one.

I ordered Arrma part #AR310468. The exact same as the one listed in the manual, and I received the same.

The problem is that the new gear is the same 13 tooth count, but doesn't match up with the diff gear when reassembled. The new input gear is a bit smaller than the old one. Both of them are straight cut.
My question is, did they revise this and not change the part number? Should I order a new diff gear as well to match up with the new input gear?

So I recently decided to restore my older gen 1 Typhon that I knew had a few issues. While tearing apart the rear diff I noticed that the rear input gear had snapped a couple of teeth off. Easy enough fix, I guessed.
Let's just order one.

I ordered Arrma part #AR310468. The exact same as the one listed in the manual, and I received the same.

The problem is that the new gear is the same 13 tooth count, but doesn't match up with the diff gear when reassembled. The new input gear is a bit smaller than the old one. Both of them are straight cut.
My question is, did they revise this and not change the part number? Should I order a new diff gear as well to match up with the new input gear?
Did you get this figured out??? I have a v1 also.

i had exact same problem, purchased from usa as i live in scotland and no stock. it came in sealed bag with correct part number but teeth too short, seller said it was right one but it wasnt, eventually contacted arrma and sent them pics just for advice on what to do, they sent me new gear free.

IMG_1673.JPG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back