Typhon Typhon Grinding Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
I was out with the Typhon this afternoon when I noticed it didn't sound right, like a grinding/clicking noise.

The sound appears to be coming from the back. I thought it may be a stone stuck somewhere as that's happened before but I can't see anything.

I've recorded the sound on the bench, it sound worse when driving but couldn't record that.

Any ideas :

edit: it really hasn't picked up the sound very well in that video :(

I was out with the Typhon this afternoon when I noticed it didn't sound right, like a grinding/clicking noise.

The sound appears to be coming from the back. I thought it may be a stone stuck somewhere as that's happened before but I can't see anything.

I've recorded the sound on the bench, it sound worse when driving but couldn't record that.

Any ideas :

edit: it really hasn't picked up the sound very well in that video :(
Every time you give it throttle I wince. It's sounds like your differential or spur gear is toast. It's most likely the diff because the center driveshaft spins fine when it grinds, but the rear tires hesitate a little. Also, the motor mount doesn't appear to be bent from what I can see from that angle.

Take off the power module and take a look as well as ^^^^ get into that rear diff to look at all your gear teeth... sorry about that!

Every time you give it throttle I wince. It's sounds like your differential or spur gear is toast. It's most likely the diff because the center driveshaft spins fine when it grinds, but the rear tires hesitate a little. Also, the motor mount doesn't appear to be bent from what I can see from that angle.

OK, sounds like that a repair above my capabilities! what would cause that? the car is about 3 months old. It's had a few hard knocks in the past but nothing today.

Take off the power module and take a look as well as ^^^^ get into that rear diff to look at all your gear teeth... sorry about that!

Again, not sure if that's an amateur task to do and not sure I'd know what I'm looking for.

I'll give it a go but will probably end up giving it to a mate to fix :(

OK, sounds like that a repair above my capabilities! what would cause that? the car is about 3 months old. It's had a few hard knocks in the past but nothing today.

Again, not sure if that's an amateur task to do and not sure I'd know what I'm looking for.

You gotta learn somehow. 🤷‍♂️ It was very hard for me at first, but now I know the car like the back of my hand.

The senton, granite, typhon, bigrock, etc are the same.

There you go my Man posted some videos....

You gotta change diff fluid and clean the power module and a lot of stuff just for maintenance so got to get in there :) I was the same and coached here and tons of videos I watched.....and got over the nerves.

For example, changing the diff fluid on similar rig took me over 3hrs+ the first time, video then pause it/play, pictures so if I forget where a part goes, small cups and stick notes to know where it came from, etc.

We can give you a lot of help but you will need to open her up to look...you got this! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back