Typhon Typhon hub pins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluedeval03

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
What are you folks using for stronger hex hub pins? Stock part# AR713009. I busted one and they are hard to find in stock. Some of the places I have found listed online I call and they don’t actually have them on hand. The ones I need are 2.5mm

Last edited:
What happened to yours? Never thought those could fail.

You can get them here, and you get the hexes as a bonus
https://jennysrc.com/products/arrma...s-16-5mm-adaptors-outcast-kraton-red-ar106014

I am in the process of switching out to the Outcast knuckle set up to widen the stance. I didn’t remember reading anywhere that I needed to add shims between the knuckle and the wheel hex so when I removed the pin from just putting it on I guess I tightened down to hard and broke it right in the middle. I had bought all my parts from jrc, and found another guy on eBay that had 4 sets in stock so I ordered 2 just to be safe. Thanks

Measure the length and diameter and cut down a drill bit. Haven't tried it, but heard a lot of people do.
That’s easier done for the pins in the diff cups as they are 2.25. The hub pin is 2.5 and it allowed for minor slop. And I don’t have a local source for the numbered drill bits to find one of those

That’s because you also need the Kraton/Outcast hubs. They are wider to fit the longer knuckle
I bought the outcast hubs, outcast outer shafts, I noticed that they could move in just enough to let the pin go. I'll take the one side a part and take pics

You can find 2.5mm dia. steel (or SS) rod on Amazon and make your own.
Thanks for that!!!

That’s because you also need the Kraton/Outcast hubs. They are wider to fit the longer knuckle
I noticed the issue when I cycled the arm up and down and decided to add the washers to keep some of the slop out and possibly loosing a pin

Attachments

• 00001.jpg
    00001.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 00002.jpg
    00002.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 00003.jpg
    00003.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 76
I don’t understand how you can lose it. There should be a grub screw that holds the pin in place. You don’t need the washers.

The grub screw goes through the axle.

Oh, you’re talking about the CVD pin maybe? All this time I was sure you are talking about the hex pin

Oh, you’re talking about the CVD pin maybe? All this time I was sure you are talking about the hex pin
Not the hex pin, cvs pin Look at the pics with and without the washers you will see that without the washers the cvs pin can fall out

Ok.
So that’s because you’re using the typhon hexes (part #AR310447) and not the wider hexes which are part #AR310484. They are 2.9mm wider.
Frig. Duh..... as soon as I read it that hit me. Since it’s just under 1/4” gain total I might just stick with using the Typhon hexes. Thanks for the info

no, they will not gain you 1/4”, because the added length is to the direction of the hubs, so they will not gain you any width, they will just eliminate the slop so you’ll not need the washeres

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back