Typhon Typhon is ballistic!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N.Mango

🤪I swear the voices are real!🤪
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
So just had my first experience with the Typhon.
Since I'm here in Washington I didnt buy a good charger or a good battery. I got some cheapo 3s pack.
The crappy controller that comes with the Typhon has 50/75/100% and with just 3s and a crappy battery I truly couldnt start off with 100%.
THIS THING RIPS!!! OMG!!!
It was the Typhon or Losi Hammer Rey and I'm glad I chose the Typhon. Hammer Rey is still on the table but thats another time.
Anyway ARRMA ROCKS! :cool:

Since I'm here in Washington I didnt buy a good charger or a good battery. I got some cheapo 3s pack.
The crappy controller that comes with the Typhon has 50/75/100% and with just 3s and a crappy battery I truly couldnt start off with 100%.
It was the Typhon or Losi Hammer Rey and I'm glad I chose the Typhon. Hammer Rey is still on the table but thats another time.
Get ready to shred some tires on 6s!!😆

31999F08-687B-498C-94CF-EF6A2E49F865.jpeg

fiddlesticking awesome that you have a Typhon now 😎

Get ready to shred some tires on 6s!!😆

Typhon Uber Alles

Sounds like you're having a good time - how's the Hobby Lobby? :p

I love mine

Yeah, for 6s, it seems so much smaller than our other 6s rigs (Nero, Kraton, Talion), but it rips across the field like a coked up ferret. Its a really fun car!

Honestly this is perfect picture to describe a typhon lolol.
@N.Mango Glad you have one now! They are rockets. Even running on 4s mine is a a blast, but I am itchin to go to 6s.
Thanks guys!
I drove this thing once so far and I cant believe I didnt get one earlier!
The grass is too tall where I'm at so ran it on the pavement and I'm not sure how long the tires will last:cool:

3s...I cant imagine 6s! Damn ferret will O.D.!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I haven't been to Hobby Lobby yet but hoping to find the time to check out their static models (or cross stitch projects:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

:cool: they do Rock!
I just picked up a 3S and a 6S Typhon.
The 6S is a beast. Way over powered and fun!

The 3S is lighter and very fast. Faster then they claim for sure when you gear it. Its perfect for the street and ball fields (depending on tires).

The 6S could care less what the surface is or the tires its wearing. Its like a pitbull puppy in a park field.
I threw a 20t pinion in it and some 2.8 tires on and oh boy does she move! Still light, lighter than a talion or Kraton with the same power and more aggressive gearing. its a beast.

Be careful and never let the controller fall into the little hands of a 4 or 2 year old - from experience. Its not pretty. :giggle::ROFLMAO:

Had mine for a little over 3 months, its a freaking land rocket!

Mine had some out of the box suspension adjustment issues that needed to be addressed and a nearly empty center diff. Make sure those are all set good because this thing has so much raw acceleration and speed that its hard to manage if its not set up good. All I could get mine to do was donuts my first outing with it! :LOL:

I ran 4s @50% a few times just to get comfortable with it, but run full power on 4s and 6s now. Once you get some practice and dial in the suspension and diff fluids for your driving, you are going to LOVE 6S for sure!

Had mine for a little over 3 months, its a freaking land rocket!

Mine had some out of the box suspension adjustment issues that needed to be addressed and a nearly empty center diff. Make sure those are all set good because this thing has so much raw acceleration and speed that its hard to manage if its not set up good. All I could get mine to do was donuts my first outing with it! :LOL:

I ran 4s @50% a few times just to get comfortable with it, but run full power on 4s and 6s now. Once you get some practice and dial in the suspension and diff fluids for your driving, you are going to LOVE 6S for sure!
Thing is a rocket for sure! I cant wait to get her on a more open area.
Yea I'm kind of gambling with it as I don't have any tools with me. A complete teardown is on order when I get home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back