Granite Typhon mega 550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are you afraid to run Lipo with your brushed motor? Its just an urban myth that "you can't run Lipo packs with Brushed motors". Of course you can. I've recently seen this misinformation elsewhere on AF. I addressed that thread also.
As long as the ESC can handle Lipo with a LVC (low voltage cutoff) then you are easily good to go. If the ESC doesn't have Lipo LVC setting you can still run it using a cheap voltage alarm to monitor voltage. I even run Lipo on my vintage Tekin 420F ESC thats 25 years old. Brushed motors can handle 3S. I do it all day long.:cool: Lipos run longer, are more efficient and dollar for dollar are less expensive than Old School nimpacks. Nimpacks are overpriced these days like it is made of gold or something. Nimpacks for RC's are not in demand these days, so those that DO sell them mark them up. A waste of money considering Lipo is where its at for mainstream RC rigs.

Why are you afraid to run Lipo with your brushed motor? Its just an urban myth that "you can't run Lipo packs with Brushed motors". Of course you can. I've recently seen this misinformation elsewhere on AF. I addressed that thread also.
As long as the ESC can handle Lipo with a LVC (low voltage cutoff) then you are easily good to go. If the ESC doesn't have Lipo LVC setting you can still run it using a cheap voltage alarm to monitor voltage. I even run Lipo on my vintage Tekin 420F ESC thats 25 years old. Brushed motors can handle 3S. I do it all day long.:cool: Lipos run longer, are more efficient and dollar for dollar are less expensive than Old School nimpacks. Nimpacks are overpriced these days like it is made of gold or something. Nimpacks for RC's are not in demand these days, so those that sell them mark them up. A waste of money considering Lipo is where its at for mainstream RC rigs.
Thanks, tell me about it lol trying to find a decent priced 8.4 hump battery pack is a joke everywhere I look its mostly lipo lol.... I appreciate the tip my friend thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back