Typhon mega broken suspension arm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mulvanee

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I’m new to the rc world. Just bought my kids a typhon mega. Really pleased with it, and I think it’s a perfect speed for them. However I’ve just noticed the the suspension arm has broken. It has only be used about 4-5 times and nothing wild apart from some small jumps on grass. The crack seems to go along the split line and into the pin. If you see the pictures there is no real damage any where else so I’m baffled. It’s not for the money as these arms are cheap, just wanted to know if this common with this model?

FF4A9A05-80DC-45B2-B057-FCE39869B76E.jpeg

3029DDCF-B6AF-4BFE-91C4-05B37865360A.jpeg

EA792AA2-B289-4DA1-8DE6-79D479A50F39.jpeg

Hi guys, I’m new to the rc world. Just bought my kids a typhon mega. Really pleased with it, and I think it’s a perfect speed for them. However I’ve just noticed the the suspension arm has broken. It has only be used about 4-5 times and nothing wild apart from some small jumps on grass. The crack seems to go along the split line and into the pin. If you see the pictures there is no real damage any where else so I’m baffled. It’s not for the money as these arms are cheap, just wanted to know if this common with this model?

View attachment 142151

View attachment 142152

View attachment 142153
Get RPM arms. They are much stronger and durable. Don't listen to @Exc3l :ROFLMAO:

Front bumper time.

I constantly mangle the front end of my typhon. It's better to get a bumper. It helps.

I am a pretty terrible driver mind you.

Also I launched it off a tree recently. It went straight up the trunk like 8 feet. It was awesome.

I haven't had any problems with mine. I still have the stock arms from over a year ago now. Buy it right now but don't replace it just so you can still run when it breaks. I doubt you will break anything else.
Hope you’re right:) I’ll leave them till they fail completely. Thanks

I got a pair but decided to spam my old granite arms and links for a bit.
Replace them after I break these.
Fab, just purchased a pair yesterday. Will leave them until the others snap completely. I will probably upgrade the car to 3s at some point in time😀 thanks for all the help

Unless it affects performance, you can leave it until it actually needs to be replaced.

Just fyi the "split line" isn't, it's the parting line between the two tool cavities when the part is injection molded. It's not a weak spot, it's the plastic protruding outward making a small line, the plastic behind it is solid.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back