Typhon mega differential to kraton help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Typhon 3s
Thanks for any and all help!

So i have a typhon mega 4x4 with a castle sidewinder 8 setup..i had to convert the main pinion and gear and housing to the 3s metal setup..now i have shreded my front diff some how..im new to the hobby so when looking for replacements i some how ordered a............. kraton Arrma Front Rear Differential Set Spiral 43T 10k Oil ARA310957....now the real problems start...my drives are sliders..and the diff is cvd..also the main pinion is impossible to find plus it needs an attachment to make it fit into the typhon drive setup..i hope this isnt to hard to follow.. so i like the idea of having a 43t over the standard 37t...i really wanna make this work.. lol.... my questions..

1st) is there away to just change the diff. To drive shaft piece and make it a sliding shaft? Or maybe a cvd to driveshaft? Am i missing an option here?

2nd) the pinion ...any one know a 10t spiral main alternitave to stock that would work or even a place to order main piece?

3rd) do u have any ideas i might be not thinking of?

You purchased a 6s differential which is not compatible with the MEGA/3S line.

While you might really wanna make it work, it's not practical - just get the 3s parts.

Thanks for any and all help!

So i have a typhon mega 4x4 with a castle sidewinder 8 setup..i had to convert the main pinion and gear and housing to the 3s metal setup..now i have shreded my front diff some how..im new to the hobby so when looking for replacements i some how ordered a............. kraton Arrma Front Rear Differential Set Spiral 43T 10k Oil ARA310957....now the real problems start...my drives are sliders..and the diff is cvd..also the main pinion is impossible to find plus it needs an attachment to make it fit into the typhon drive setup..i hope this isnt to hard to follow.. so i like the idea of having a 43t over the standard 37t...i really wanna make this work.. lol.... my questions..

1st) is there away to just change the diff. To drive shaft piece and make it a sliding shaft? Or maybe a cvd to driveshaft? Am i missing an option here?

2nd) the pinion ...any one know a 10t spiral main alternitave to stock that would work or even a place to order main piece?

3rd) do u have any ideas i might be not thinking of?
Personally I'd send back the 6S diff and order two 3S diffs (one for the rear too)

You purchased a 6s differential which is not compatible with the MEGA/3S line.

While you might really wanna make it work, it's not practical - just get the 3s parts.
Bummer! Thank you for the help sending back
Personally I'd send back the 6S diff and order two 3S diffs (one for the rear too)
Sending back ...bummer!
Sending back ...bummer!

Back