Typhon Typhon Mega Shock Recommendations Please!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MZA-4x4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon TLR
  4. Typhon Mega
I bend a front shock, and now I'm looking to replace/upgrade my shocks (at least the bent one for now/front shocks). I understand that I can probably repair it, but I want to just repace it and then work on repairing that one to keep as a backup when I have time (I'm pretty busy). I have already seen that "Shock Upgrade" post, but that was way too much info for me, especially as a noob, and it also seemed like it covered a couple of cars and it wasn't all just compatible.

So, I'm asking if anyone can recomment drop in shocks that will work of the Typhon Mega right out of the box. I'm looking for the best bang/buck. Don't want the cheapest/easilist breakable and I'm not looking for the most amazing/expensive ones either.

Thanks for any recommendations

-MZA

The Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks are a drop-in replacement, but they are expensive - $70 a pair. But they are highly configurable, with different spring sets available, and they will most likely be the last shocks you will ever need to buy. I have them on my Typhon 3s (pic below). Quite a few folks use the Arrma 6s shocks as replacements: I don't know which ones, but other forum members can help you out.

Typhon 3s with Pro-line Trenchers.jpg

Mojave fronts and OC6s fronts, they fit without any modification, but you will need the Axial shock bushing to put in the top. If the Mojave EXB shocks come back in stock on Jennysrc, you can save about $5 on it. Mojave fronts, OC6s fronts, you may need washers on the bottoms to prevent them from rubbing on the driveshaft. Use code "JRC" for 5% off!
F0D6B492-3C84-46F5-BD33-82A99D78D1B5.jpeg

Last edited:
Do not get zd racing shocks, you will need to shorten them. Then actually fill them, then the spring is too long. You will stress out too many other parts .

How do I know I did this and it sucked, still have rear on but with softer springs. Likely I should have bought a 6s at first and skipped these lessons.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back