Typhon Typhon Mega v3 throttle/steering issues (newbie)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MZA-4x4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Typhon TLR
  4. Typhon Mega
Hello All,

I just recently bought my 2 sons each a Typhon Mega v3 ($205 from Amazon during XMAX time). I will eventually get into upgrading some stuff (and will no doubt have question to post on here), but right now we're having an issue and I was hoping that some of you on here might be able to help.

We are having Intermittent steering/throttle issues. It's almost like the radio is cutting out. I understand that these can overheat and things like this can happen, but I tested this when we first plugged the battery in with just ONE car on, and it was still happening. I tried to re-bind the Tx/Rx and that didn't seem to do anything at first, but then after a few minutes it was working better (very odd right?). I have also bought a temp gun so that I can test that next time we take them out for a run.

A question; I come from the old days when we used to have a quartz frequently adapter/plug to have a specific channel (I hope I'm explaining so that it makes sense), and I don't see an option for frequencies/channels (for Tx/Rx) on these? Can these Transmitters interfere with each other or do they auto adjust frequencies/channels?

Sorry if I'm not making too much sense. I haven't driven one of these for almost 30 years and what I do remember seems long gone (rebuildable brushed motors, ESCs just came out... NOVAK!! I had an RC10 CE.).

Thanks for any input. I will be troublshooting slowly, because I still only have the trickle chargers that came with these.

-MZA

No these transmitters cant interfere with other transmitters from my experience. My friends and I ran like 3 cars together with these radios with no problems. Unplug your servo and see if you throttle is still cutting out.

I don't like to comment on the obvious as it sounds condescending, but are the radio batteries new?

I don't like to comment on the obvious as it sounds condescending, but are the radio batteries new?

I forgot to mention that; Both Transmitters had NEW batteries installed at XMAS and had been used maybe 3-4 times at this point. I then installed 4 BRAND NEW batteries to test when I performed the re-bind and it was still acting weird for a while, but eventually seemed to respond better during the course of the test (which seemed weird in itself).

It was really strange that on the workbench, after the rebind it would still take turns stalling out on throttle or steering. Like doing one would interrupt the other, and this was happening while testing only ONE car with only one Tx/Rx on.

I have fully recharged both betteries and I'm ready to test more today! I've also got a Temp. Gun so I can check the ESC, but the test the other day they weren't even being run, the ESC was extremely cool.

Thank you

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back