Typhon Typhon on the way!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too late Jerry! I took it to the BMX track and it broke! See?!
View attachment 21624

That’s right. The front body post came off, lol.

Seriously you are spot on regarding the tires. Traction, especially on 6s was an issue. But it jumped great. So much better than expected. You are right about control in the air with the stock tires. You have to be very conscious of your take off and then you get one chance to correct. It’s not like the Kraton where you can correct a bad correction, lol.
I was sending it pretty good and found it to be a good flyer. I had a few bad landings but none upside down because it’s hard to rotate that far on the small tires.

All in all I had a lot of fun with the buggy. Now I am off to fix that body post!
View attachment 21625
View attachment 21626
I’m ordering the aluminum front post this week

Is +5mm wide enough or needs more? Don’t want to get no wider than necessary as the bearings work harder

+5mm is not much, but you can always adjust the steering end point on your controller as well. Shortens your turning radius, but keeps you from rubbing. I like the extensions you looked at. Really stabilizes the Tyhon in heavy cornering as well.

I’m ordering the aluminum front post this week

Mine became detached again. The screw that holds it on just strips right out. Where did you get the aluminum mount?

Ohhhh hmmm he has added a top chassis brace from tower to tower now. Wasn’t on there a couple of days ago
Yeah he just released those. He is on the Arrma Army Facebook group, I really should yell at him to jump on here.

Ohhhh hmmm he has added a top chassis brace from tower to tower now. Wasn’t on there a couple of days ago

The way that they are made it looks like you cant use it with rear and front chassis braces. Not sure if I like that (mainly because I just bought chassis braces and don't wanna waste money lol)

Would be nice if they could be used with chassis braces, although weight could be an issue

I tried gluing the screw but that didn’t work. It came out again at the BMX track. You can see the front of the body lift while it’s in the air, lol

The way that they are made it looks like you cant use it with rear and front chassis braces. Not sure if I like that (mainly because I just bought chassis braces and don't wanna waste money lol)

Would be nice if they could be used with chassis braces, although weight could be an issue
I can clearance that brace to clear the chassis braces nooo problem tho.

Took my new typhon out to the bmx track on stock tires....both front tires exploded on 6s. Think they got water in them when I got stuck in a mud puddle. Need new tires now!

Took my new typhon out to the bmx track on stock tires....both front tires exploded on 6s. Think they got water in them when I got stuck in a mud puddle. Need new tires now!
FWIW. I ended up ordering all Duratrax Six pack, Lock Up, and Banditos. Tires destroying is why I didn’t go 6s for batts. Wish these tire makers would get with the program.

After looking at everything closer, the full length Alza chassis brace fits with no issue running the front and rear chassis braces. I am still debating on adding it myself

Where you are running 6s you will be ahead of the game by wrapping your tires 2-3 times with a braided fishing line like Spiderwire. Then add a drop of glue every so often to keep it all together. What the line does is acts as a stop for the centrifugal force tearing the rubber. One of our owns Kraton he done. Pretty sure he is in here

After looking at everything closer, the full length Alza chassis brace fits with no issue running the front and rear chassis braces. I am still debating on adding it myself

Yea, if everything fits then I might get one one of these days. Looks really good too

I sent the Facebook link to you via pm on here. Wasn’t sure if I was supposed to post it here or not

I've recently picked up a new v3 Typhon (to compliment my Kraton!) and i'm having the same issue with the front body post. Is that link still available? I can't find any aftermarket front body posts anywhere, and the site you linked to earlier only has rears for the Typhon.

I've recently picked up a new v3 Typhon (to compliment my Kraton!) and i'm having the same issue with the front body post. Is that link still available? I can't find any aftermarket front body posts anywhere, and the site you linked to earlier only has rears for the Typhon.
Hello Mark, I ordered my front post from Michael Meyer at 3M Germany Custom RC Parts and more. This is his link on Facebook for his photo album for all that he currently makes for the Aarma BLX series. I bought his front and rear skids as well as his front post. Keep in mind the time difference between USA and Germany, just send him a message of what you want to purchase and he is prompt to return messages when he awakes. I am currently in the process of many mods to mine

https://www.facebook.com/pg/M3CustomRc/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2142746399329430

Attachments

• IMG_6324.jpg
    IMG_6324.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_6325.jpg
    IMG_6325.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6326.jpg
    IMG_6326.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 43
Hello Mark, I ordered my front post from Michael Meyer at 3M Germany Custom RC Parts and more. This is his link on Facebook for his photo album for all that he currently makes for the Aarma BLX series. I bought his front and rear skids as well as his front post. Keep in mind the time difference between USA and Germany, just send him a message of what you want to purchase and he is prompt to return messages when he awakes. I am currently in the process of many mods to mine

https://www.facebook.com/pg/M3CustomRc/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2142746399329430

Thanks! I've contacted and ordered a front post too, hopefully lasts a bit longer than the standard one!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back