Typhon Typhon or other Buggy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2Hyper

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a V2 Kraton and want a 2nd RC.....so I was thinking about a buggy. I do mostly outdoor dirt track running (dirt BMX track) and LOVE massive jumping.

1) Is the buggy a good 2nd for me?
2) What are your thoughts on a Typhon vs branching out to another brand to diversify my collection?

Any and all input would be AWESOME!

Also - Is now a bad time to buy a Typhon?

Typhon all the way! VERY durable buggy! VERY FAST! V3 is now available. I run a single gensacearespammers 5000mah, 14.8V 50C 4S, and i get CRAZY speed! Unless you are a VERY experienced racing driver, this is the buggy for you. I give this buggy such a great review as it was my 1ST truck of any kind! Also, I hear the parts problem with Arrma is soon to be resolved. To be honest, unless you are a truly INSANE basher, you probably wont break much on a Typhon!

Kraton + Typhon makes a great pair. The Kraton will be a better "big air" basher, but the Typhon is no slouch. Plus it seems to be a bit tough than the Kraton. In the two years (or so) that I have had mine, I have had a few breaks on my Kraton, but no plastic parts on my Typhon have broken.

Mine are both V1. Kraton has some V2 updates.

As far as other brands, for 1/8 RTR bashers, nothing will be better. The Losi 8ight RTR is pretty good, but 4s only power system. HPI Vorza is also good, but $600. To get something "Better" than the Typhon, you must dive into the racing kits. Tekno EB48 will be tougher, but the basic kit with no wheels, tires, electrics costs the same or more than the RTR Typhon.

I have the V1, V2, & V3 Typhons, although the V1 isn't a Typhon anymore (Siren :D) & my V2 is in race spec. I was thinking about converting it back to a basher when the V3 surprised me & I had to get it. The other 1/8 buggy I have is the Thunder Tiger Bushmaster 8e. It's completely race spec OoB & I've never bashed it. Also there's no parts for the thing so it has never seen anything but the track. But it is an awesome buggy that can easily dominate just like the Typhon. The only reason I don't have the basher Bushmaster is because of the nonexistent parts support.

Typhon!!! Not just cause your on the arrma forum either. The buggy is awesome to bash, race, build and it's super fast. I have the v3 and absolutely love it. I just sold my vorza buggy because I didn't see much use for it anymore. You would not be dissapointed...

I have LOSI DBLX-E it is massive 1/5 scale and I enjoy bashing it and love my old Kraton V2 since I give it away to my nephew and now waiting for my order for Kraton V3 and Typhon V3 to come in. Can't wait to get it and go out for fun. LOSI is also great to have but Arrma is awsome. Love their Kraton and Typhon.

What can I say? Too expensive of course, but you get a product that is unbelievably reliable.
How do you figure that the Typhon is too expensive? It is pretty much the Cheapest 1/8 RTR buggy that is not a China-web-shop-only car. And even while being the cheapest, it manages to be one of the most durable, and a great performer.

When do u think the Typhon V3's will be available again? Checked one shop online and they said no ETA....

Sounds like 4/25 is the expected date. Hobby zone even has a 10% off code that works on it...no tax...free shipping....$404 out the door.

Until it's available. I heard Arrma has set pricing too. Even at $449.00 It's a killer deal! No better buggy for the price.

You're lucky Paul, you got your new Typhon V3. I'm still waiting for mind :( I hope i'll get mind by April 25, 2018. Enjoy your new Typhon V3, Paul.

I also have a kraton and typhon. They way I looked at it was I can truggify and make it a basher or put it back to a buggy or even go crazy yet and make a outcast so either way you win

I have the V1, V2, & V3 Typhons, although the V1 isn't a Typhon anymore (Siren :D) & my V2 is in race spec. I was thinking about converting it back to a basher when the V3 surprised me & I had to get it. The other 1/8 buggy I have is the Thunder Tiger Bushmaster 8e. It's completely race spec OoB & I've never bashed it. Also there's no parts for the thing so it has never seen anything but the track. But it is an awesome buggy that can easily dominate just like the Typhon. The only reason I don't have the basher Bushmaster is because of the nonexistent parts support.
What happened to Thunder Tiger? Are they sticking all of their R&D into the robots?

How do you figure that the Typhon is too expensive? It is pretty much the Cheapest 1/8 RTR buggy that is not a China-web-shop-only car. And even while being the cheapest, it manages to be one of the most durable, and a great performer.
Hoboa makes some pretty good buggies. Cant beat $245.95 for a Hyper VSe 80% roller, just need radio, servo, esc and motor. Radio $30, servo $12, BLX185 motor and esc $120. Werner Sline on rctech has one and beats the living snot out of it. https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/1006374-hobao-hyper-vs-e-buggy.html

What happened to Thunder Tiger? Are they sticking all of their R&D into the robots?

Their USA distributor is a little iffy. But the company sells everything direct from Taiwan on eBay. At least that's how I got the 8e. I hope they're not dead in RC, but they haven't came out with anything new in ages.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back