Typhon rear hub&wheels problem???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjon77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hi everybody!
New typhon v4 run 3 time and its look like the rear hub both side touch the wheels???
EC2361AC-D70E-4C1D-B6CA-A5EE0834DBA7.jpeg
2F891016-62E5-40D8-AB49-6751B274F3D5.png
104AC4BB-F3A2-4130-884E-44D1361B25EC.jpeg

Never have buggy before! Just truck
Never saw this before!
That’s way i ask that
So it’s O.K nothing to do?

The tolerances on Typhon hubs and wheels are very tight and the plastic wheels flex under use. Not a big deal. My Typhon has been like that for a long time. GRPs are the same way. Not much room between the link mount and wheel.

Can anyone take a picture of his rear wheel on the inside of his typhon v4 that i can compare. And to look maybe i have a problem
6AA8A554-947C-4F06-9D74-49519CB838CA.png

Here’s a pic of my Typhon 6s with the hub extenders with Hoons on it for reference.

85F3C2E4-D843-4F3A-9E9D-55D344C7FEC1.jpeg

That happens to mine, rocks get inside the rim then catch and drag on the hub carrier Parts.

Thanks you all guy’s you make me more quiet about the situation. Im just ask my self way they make a very little space between the rims and the hub not so smart!!!

Thanks you all guy’s you make me more quiet about the situation. Im just ask my self way they make a very little space between the rims and the hub not so smart!!!
Bigger parts are harder to break perhaps, takes up more room though. Also allows them to run the same parts on multiple vehicles, others with larger OD wheels.

Why though? It's cosmetic at worst. It's not like you are going to wear a line straight through the wheel ?

Glad I found this thread, was getting myself worried. 2nd run of my new Typhon
and noticed the wear on rear hub carriers and inside of wheels. Was driving on wet gravel so this makes sense.

So much fun to drive on wet gravel but what a mess it’s made of the car. Needed a full clean inside and dry with my air compressor. Think I’ll invest in one of those Dusty motors covers. Anyone else have one for Typhon 6s? If so what size did you get. I was think of getting a large after taking a few measurement. ??

318C4B0A-5545-48D4-B253-776EFA34574B.jpeg
9C76DF6C-81C7-46D9-8099-F55883B97D88.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back