Typhon Typhon S3 BLX 1/8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyphoonS3

Reaction score
First car just bought 2 weeks ago.(V3 2021 Arrma Typhon 3S BLX Brushless RTR Ready To Run RC 1/8 Scale 4WD Buggy).
So I had no clue RC cars went this fast and I am addicted right off bat. My buddy came over with this exact car and before I had time to research I bought the same one. Well now that I'm into it I've researched and I see there's a lot of other options.
I don't race I just love the adrenaline dump I get from when I punch it on 100 lol.
So now I see people jumping them crazy high,
Basically I guess I'm looking for an overall answer should I spend money upgrading this vehicle or just go ahead and dump my money into a S6. I mean this thing is the beast right out the box, but I've never experienced other models ec. I'd like to upgrade all my parts to aluminum but I know it reaches a limit where I can't upgrade no more.
I like to skip all the time and money and jump right to the real deal any info any input would be appreciated thanks guys.

If you want to jump I say get one of those nice 6s trucks like a Kraton or a Talion and go for it. They feel completely different and will complement your 3s buggy great. If you like speed and want to jump get the talion. =)

Your typhon can be made way faster than any 6s with little mods.parts are much cheaper...mine is uncontrollable on 4s an never tried any more.strait road rocket

First car just bought 2 weeks ago.(V3 2021 Arrma Typhon 3S BLX Brushless RTR Ready To Run RC 1/8 Scale 4WD Buggy).
So I had no clue RC cars went this fast and I am addicted right off bat. My buddy came over with this exact car and before I had time to research I bought the same one. Well now that I'm into it I've researched and I see there's a lot of other options.
I don't race I just love the adrenaline dump I get from when I punch it on 100 lol.
So now I see people jumping them crazy high,
Basically I guess I'm looking for an overall answer should I spend money upgrading this vehicle or just go ahead and dump my money into a S6. I mean this thing is the beast right out the box, but I've never experienced other models ec. I'd like to upgrade all my parts to aluminum but I know it reaches a limit where I can't upgrade no more.
I like to skip all the time and money and jump right to the real deal any info any input would be appreciated thanks guys.
Some aluminum upgrades are worth it (C hubs, steering knuckles, and rear axle carriers), but others are detrimental (suspension arms). My Typhon 3s, which was my first Arrma, has the aluminum parts I said were ok, plus it has Pro-Line shocks, a Surpass 3670/2850 motor, and a BLX 130A ESC. I also installed the Arrma steel diffs so I can run 4s, if I ever decide to. I don't jump my Typhon: I do mostly speed runs on the long asphalt street in front of my house. I bought a Kraton 6s for extreme bashing offroad. Both have their uses, and I wouldn't sell either one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back