Typhon Typhon seems slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Badmofreaker

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Newbie here but have been playing with rc for a while. I had recently bought a typhon 6s and it just doesn't seem as fast to me as everyone has led me to believe or I don't have something set right or maybe I'm used to the 2650 mamba power. I put on a 16 tooth pinion with 6s power at 100 percent throttle and lucky if it goes 45 mph. I love the car so any help will be appreciated, I got the car 3 weeks ago and I am ready to put on the bigger motor if I cant get more out of it.

Newbie here but have been playing with rc for a while. I had recently bought a typhon 6s and it just doesn't seem as fast to me as everyone has led me to believe or I don't have something set right or maybe I'm used to the 2650 mamba power. I put on a 16 tooth pinion with 6s power at 100 percent throttle and lucky if it goes 45 mph. I love the car so any help will be appreciated, I got the car 3 weeks ago and I am ready to put on the bigger motor if I cant get more out of it.
That seems slow. What radio? Have you calibrated the ESC? What punch setting. Any other mods than pinion?

That seems slow. What radio? Have you calibrated the ESC? What punch setting. Any other mods than pinion?
Stock everything but put on aluminum upgrades, not sure what it's set at now,its faster,but still should be more,I changed the throttle to forward and the pinion change and I believe no 7 punch
Are you using a big 6 s battery?
I used 4s or 2 3s venom batteries

On stock tires and 6S it should go well over 45 and unless you’re used to 8S I don’t think many would call it slow.

Dead cell in lipo?use lipo checker
Fully charged battery?
I run 2 3s venom battery 5000 50c
I’m almost hitting 60 lol ? with 2000kv motor ge
Batteries are good, have great charger to,and yes that's how mine should run,

I'd re-calibrate everything first and see what it does. Might be something happened when you were changing esc setting. Get all the dials back to center and calibrate esc and you may discover that it's back to over 60mph especially on the v4 model. Stock 13t pinion should get you 60mph and 20t included speed pinion to 70mph

I'd re-calibrate everything first and see what it does. Might be something happened when you were changing esc setting. Get all the dials back to center and calibrate esc and you may discover that it's back to over 60mph especially on the v4 model. Stock 13t pinion should get you 60mph and 20t included speed pinion to 70mph
I think it came with an 18 tooth gear extra,I will try the reset tomorrow

The factory diff fluid will make it slow.. it will just diff out and the front tires just cook off.. put some 200k-500k (I use 500k) in the center diff.. it will make it much more lively... (y) the factory motor power is sufficient, you just need to get the power to the ground...

upping the motor size will just make it slower without the proper diff fluid.. (extra power will just diff out more)

Also, I hate to say it because I know people like them, but if it has the factory katars, they yeild little to no traction on certain surfaces... pavement especially if that's where your making your passes... my buddies 6s typhon acts like it's on ice when on tar... we put my 2-ho's (lol) from my 3s typhon on it and it is an animal on all kinds of surfaces... (wheelie over backwards at will on tar)

Definitely don't count that motor out just yet.. just have to get the rig setup right and you will have a rocket...

I would make sure your throttle rate is up all the way and also make sure the throttle limiter switch isn't turned down.

I took it to the hobby store earlier and they got it set in the highest settings, its definitely faster now and has the power,I also bought more hot racing upgrades while I was there,and the arma street tires work pretty well, very happy with the car,thanks everyone for the info.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back