Typhon Typhon/senton cross compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Hello arrma fam! After watching me rip up jobsites w/ my 6s Typhon a coworker of mine recently bought a new 3s senton & is so far loving (& wrecking!!!) it😆 I've already sold him some 3s batteries, a charger, some better hex drivers etc- stuff to get him started. Today @ lunch he clipped a sewer drain & broke off a wheel, which promptly rolled right down said drain 😅 Since I only had my 3s typhon about 2 weeks before making it into an accordion I never even wrenched on the thing, but did buy many of the parts to fix it. I am wondering if parts that I bought for the 3s typhon will work for his senton- center driveshaft, motor mount, chassis & a complete bearing set from fast eddy's. Please educate me on the 3s line of products. Thanks for your time & knowledge 😃👍

Hello arrma fam! After watching me rip up jobsites w/ my 6s Typhon a coworker of mine recently bought a new 3s senton & is so far loving (& wrecking!!!) it😆 I've already sold him some 3s batteries, a charger, some better hex drivers etc- stuff to get him started. Today @ lunch he clipped a sewer drain & broke off a wheel, which promptly rolled right down said drain 😅 Since I only had my 3s typhon about 2 weeks before making it into an accordion I never even wrenched on the thing, but did buy many of the parts to fix it. I am wondering if parts that I bought for the 3s typhon will work for his senton- center driveshaft, motor mount, chassis & a complete bearing set from fast eddy's. Please educate me on the 3s line of products. Thanks for your time & knowledge 😃👍

I’m pretty sure the suspension parts are pretty much the same from what I remember. The major difference being the wheel hex (17mm Typhon vs smaller for the Senton)

I’m pretty sure the suspension parts are pretty much the same from what I remember. The major difference being the wheel hex (17mm Typhon vs smaller for the Senton)
Since he lost the whole wheel down the drain, literally 😆, he's already thinking of converting it to 17mm. How about the chassis & drivetrain?

Exact same for chassis and drivetrain
Perfect man, that's awesome to hear. I'll be able to recoup some $$ & he'll be able to get some brand new replacement parts. Win win in my book!!😃👍

Everything is interchangeable within the 3S line up.

In fact, they are even interchangeable with the 4S (v1 & v2) line also!

Your coworker really lucked out!
It could have ended with just the one wheel staying on the road.. and the rest of his rig tumbling down the sewer...

So for the 3s line
Short chassis and driveshaft is shared between vortex and granite.
Long chassis and driveshaft is on the big rock/senton/ Typhon/Infraction/vendetta

Shocks are same for Bigrock/senton/granite/Typhon
Vortex are different and Infraction/vendetta share the same shocks.

For control arms and turnbuckles
Infraction/vendetta use short arms/turnbuckles
Granite/vortex/senton share medium arms and turnbuckles.
Big rock/Typhon use long arms/turnbuckles
I believe all the hubs and c blocks are shared across the line except for the vendetta and infraction which is a bit different to fit the smaller wheels.

Steering components are shared across the line as well as motor mounts.

But like @Tex Koder said everything is interchangeable. So if you want a Granite front bumper on your Typhon or a typhon wing on your big rock it will all work together.

Last edited:

It could have ended with just the one wheel staying on the road.. and the rest of his rig tumbling down the sewer...
It really was hilarious, he was already doing the walk of shame back to the truck w/ that defeated look on his face before I even got my battery put in!!! Omg, too funny. Had me laughing for half an hour🤣🤣🤣
That brings me another question @Tex Koder - were you looking for a 3s rear 1/2 or front 1/2 to chop up, because the rear part of my old typhon is still OK I think

It really was hilarious, he was already doing the walk of shame back to the truck w/ that defeated look on his face before I even got my battery put in!!! Omg, too funny. Had me laughing for half an hour🤣🤣🤣
That brings me another question @Tex Koder - were you looking for a 3s rear 1/2 or front 1/2 to chop up, because the rear part of my old typhon is still OK I think

Post a pic of the chassis and let me take a 👀

I mainly need the middle section of the chassis.. So the Front & Rear diff sections could be Completely Destroyed, I don't care..
It's the center portion that I really want ;)

Last edited:
Post a pic of the chassis and let me take a 👀

I mainly need the middle section of the chassis.. So the Front & Rear diff sections could be Completely Destroyed, I don't care..
It's the center portion that I really want ;)
Right on, gotta work in the am, but will be busy moving stuff into the new place tomorrow & I actually know exactly where it is. When I can get it unburied I'll shoot ya a pic or two

Yeah I lost parts and wheels down a street drain before. And my Pan car was teetering ready to fall into one. Pan car got run over by a car once. CF chassis was junk.
And once, my Lim lost control almost 2 blocks away, as I was running to get it, a car stopped to pick it up and take it. I yelled and they dropped the Lim on the ground as I throttled it hard.
Mishaps can get ugly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back