Typhon shock towers , outcast arms and shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitmasterbernie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hi, I´m building a complete hybrid and ran into a situation.
The original plan was to build a Mojavified typhon hybrid on a M2C chassis withhb one of those ebay bug bodies, so I bought the chassis and the body than realized the body would look better with wider arms and the backfplip 6s tires. So I purchase RPM notorious arms and arrma 6s notorious shocks but my shock towers are typhon (voltage hobbies front and Just bash it rc rear).
the question is, will the setup of typhon tower with outcast arms and shocks work? or should I buy the Outcast towers?

You can use the OC/Kraton/Noto towers. Best. I did a Mojavified (chassis) Typhon build. I did use the Front Mojave tower and a the Kraton V4 rear tower. (w/RPM Kraton rear arms). I used V5/EXB front arms. Just needed the longer V5/EXB Lower Shock pins for the front arms.
Check out my Build Thread for some pictures and ideas.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/1-6-typhon-from-my-take-off-parts-bin.32988/

:cool:

EDIT: The difference between the Mojo Fr. tower and the Kraton/OC/ Noto towers is that the Mojo Fr. tower doesn't have extra shock mounting holes. So there is no adjustability in laying down the front shocks to dial them in. ( the shock angle progression) The Kraton/Noto/OC Fr tower has (3) hole positions for the shocks. Food for thought.

Last edited:
@Rcproponent would be one to ask as he has built a lot of hybrid rigs. I've got a TyphCast hybrid from him that is somewhat similar to what your wanting to do but with Mojave arms, Kraton towers on an Outcast chassis with Typhon body. Let me know if you want to get rid of the Typhon towers I've got some stock Kraton towers I could trade ya and some cash for the voltage/JBI Typhon towers.

The problem you’ll have with the typhon towers is no body mounts in the front. Think I might use a different tower.. depends how you want the body, high, or low.. I’ve made Mojave arms work with Mojave towers and also with kraton/outcast towers 👍🏻 you could also probably use talion towers if your wanting a lower profile build. 👍🏻

The problem you’ll have with the typhon towers is no body mounts in the front. Think I might use a different tower.. depends how you want the body, high, or low.. I’ve made Mojave arms work with Mojave towers and also with kraton/outcast towers 👍🏻 you could also probably use talion towers if your wanting a lower profile build. 👍🏻
for the body I will copy the solution Rich Dupperbash used on his baja bug. Angle aluminium screwed to the stantions and proline body mounts. My real concern is with the angle of the shocks (very steep).
IMG_20210409_201058.jpg

Last edited:
Back