Typhon shocks on Granite.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harriot10

Speed runner with a learner’s permit 🤣
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton EXB
  8. Outcast 6s
  9. Typhon 6s
The Typhon shocks on the front of my Granite are still running a little close at the bottom. Anyone have any ideas on how to bump them out a bit? I've got two small washers in between the a-arm and shock pivot ball now, but not enough. Looking for an actual standoff of some sort. Besides that I couldn't be happier with the Typhon shocks on the Granite.

Here’s what I did.

You can get the PN in my Granite build thread and some more info on it. However, I recommend just getting a ball with just one standoff unlike what you see in the pic. This will get you on the right track in terms of what to search for.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mongoose’s-mega-to-blx-build.9994/

9C92D326-198F-4C4A-A3FA-2034E9644B6C.jpeg

That looks like a tie rod/turnbuckle pivot ball. I have some of those from Associated laying around. I’ll see if that does the trick.

Here’s what I did.

You can get the PN in my Granite build thread and some more info on it. However, I recommend just getting a ball with just one standoff unlike what you see in the pic. This will get you on the right track in terms of what to search for.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/mongoose’s-mega-to-blx-build.9994/

View attachment 67901
Installed the Tekno locking shock rod ends and spring perch set on my Typhon 6s shocks. Worked great on my Granite
ECAF9397-091E-47AB-BE96-F9C7D0367714.jpeg
2A7C2414-F68D-4BF9-9BD4-120A6FA08734.jpeg
58C04421-8C9F-44D4-8597-E5B5320513A8.jpeg
F8AF6705-5CF0-4506-97F3-44E98956423B.jpeg

Good deal! How are you liking the new shocks?
Typhon shocks are great, been running them on my Granite for a couple of months. Crazy how much they went up in price. Glad I got mine while they were still reasonable. I’m running the HoBao shocks on my BR. They’re aren’t a bad alternative.

Typhon shocks are great, been running them on my Granite for a couple of months. Crazy how much they went up in price. Glad I got mine while they were still reasonable. I’m running the HoBao shocks on my BR. They’re aren’t a bad alternative.

The Hobaos are actually pretty nice. I actually still have them come to think of it lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back