Typhon. Sixpack or lockup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimePancake

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Dboots are getting a bit smooth ? so looking at new wheel set. I really like the look of the sixpack but heard good things about the lockups too.

Which would be the better set? Wear wise? Would I notice the difference in the handling?

Mostly hard pack and street use ?

? Cheers!

But why do I keep looking at the sixpacks?? ?
I have a set of Six Pack MT Belted and they’re OK but very shallow treads. Not much grip compared to the other two.

Dboots are getting a bit smooth ? so looking at new wheel set. I really like the look of the sixpack but heard good things about the lockups too.

Which would be the better set? Wear wise? Would I notice the difference in the handling?

Mostly hard pack and street use ?
I like the Lockups!

6s Typhon Shocks.jpeg

I ran a set of Lockup MTs on my Typhon and found them to have the best traction of anything I've tried. My favorite so far.They also add some weight which I find helpful because it makes pitch control in the air much more responsive.

The 12mm wheels didn't take long to strip though, I'll be replacing them with the buggy version soon.

Last edited:
I ran a set of Lockup MTs on my Typhon and found them to have the best traction of anything I've tried. My favorite so far.They also add some weight which I find helpful because it makes pitch control in the air much more responsive.

The 12mm wheels didn't take long to strip though, I'll be replacing them with the buggy version soon.
Did you have any clearance issues with the rear wing?

No, they didn't rub anywhere. I have the short Senton suspension arms on too which bring the wheels closer to the body.

Cool. Good to know. I think I'll stick with the standard size for now but might look into a set for fun later ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back