Typhon Typhon Sounds Funny

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainsick67

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I went through the 19t/20t Pinion, then i put the 21t Pinion in, and now when i get going fast the car sounds funny, my buddy said it might be the front tires balooning to much, anybody got any ideas? Thanks so much.
Link to my problem

Hmm, I couldn't tell what noise you meant from the video - maybe a grinding noise? Anytime the mesh between the pinion/spur or the differential's pinion/spur is too tight it makes a pretty loud grinding noise. It doesn't sound like you were doing anything in the differentials, so my only thought is to check the mesh between the pinion and spur gears...

Hmm, I couldn't tell what noise you meant from the video - maybe a grinding noise? Anytime the mesh between the pinion/spur or the differential's pinion/spur is too tight it makes a pretty loud grinding noise. It doesn't sound like you were doing anything in the differentials, so my only thought is to check the mesh between the pinion and spur gears...

Thanks, yea the mesh seems good, it looks close to what Arrma recomends....its a little hard to hear..i will take a pic of my mesh when i get home..but it should be good.

From the vid, it sounds pretty normal. I do know that all three of my Arrmas - when they get going really fast (guessing +50?) they get an extra sound - almost a jet engine whoosh - wind over the front shocks? Rubber ballooning? I don't know, but IMHO, it sounds cool! LOL :)

From the vid, it sounds pretty normal. I do know that all three of my Arrmas - when they get going really fast (guessing +50?) they get an extra sound - almost a jet engine whoosh - wind over the front shocks? Rubber ballooning? I don't know, but IMHO, it sounds cool! LOL :)

Yea if you listen at 2:02, at 2:06 it makes the sound, maybe your right, just odd with the 20t Pinion it didnt do it.hmmm

I went through the 19t/20t Pinion, then i put the 21t Pinion in, and now when i get going fast the car sounds funny, my buddy said it might be the front tires balooning to much, anybody got any ideas? Thanks so much.
Link to my problem

Not sure but my Typhons scream at speed and sounds similar, could be the tires, they swell at speed pretty badly.

No problem, might try Duratrax Banditos, mine have done well up to 60-73 MPH, go with belted tires if planning to run faster just to be safe.
I have those for my Rustler, i dnt use them, they come apart easy, i like the Anacondas better, i got GRP, but its cold here and snow on the ground so i cant run them.

I have those for my Rustler, i dnt use them, they come apart easy, i like the Anacondas better, i got GRP, but its cold here and snow on the ground so i cant run them.
I've only ran mine in warmer and hot weather and they held up on 6s 20/54 with hard throttle and drifting. I need some GRPs myself. We're your Banditos 1/8 scale buggy style on 17 hex?

I've only ran mine in warmer and hot weather and they held up on 6s 20/54 with hard throttle and drifting. I need some GRPs myself. We're your Banditos 1/8 scale buggy style on 17 hex?
Mine are the 12mm hex, there the ST ones, ment for street racing, one came apart, luckly the company.sent me a pair for free.

More teeth = Higher RPM. Maybe you're just hearing the driveline howling when it winds out. Metal gears are super noisy.
Thanks, i hope its that, i want to try my grp, but there to much snow. Yea they are noisy, i wasnt expecting that.

Rich does your typhon ever make a grinding sound when ur hard on the throttle during flips?
Not usually, but the wheels chatter or balloon into the body at times even strapped. The dog bones and shafts sound way louder on hard throttle doing flips.

Not usually, but the wheels chatter or balloon into the body at times even strapped. The dog bones and shafts sound way louder on hard throttle doing flips.

Thanks bud. I figured it out, the motor mount bearing hole was a lil bigger then it should be and that combined with the plastic mount on the other side of the diff was causing the spur to twist front to rear making the mesh change on the pinion under hard throttle in the air only, thanks for the reply and all the vidoes!! I just got back into rc after 30yrs and all the info on parts and tech have been a huge help to making my 1/8 scale arrma family bulletproof

Thanks bud. I figured it out, the motor mount bearing hole was a lil bigger then it should be and that combined with the plastic mount on the other side of the diff was causing the spur to twist front to rear making the mesh change on the pinion under hard throttle in the air only, thanks for the reply and all the vidoes!! I just got back into rc after 30yrs and all the info on parts and tech have been a huge help to making my 1/8 scale arrma family bulletproof
That's great to hear brother. Glad you got it sorted. I also had a very long break from RC. Use to race in the 80's...Lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back